Chat about Equipment Info
 #113536  by milobender
 Sun May 06, 2012 7:52 am
Well Keirweir that could be arranged :smile:

Here's the design I came up with for the front cover plate:

I'm trying it out of different woods, with the bolt scheduled to be brass... I've got the background/wood about half done now...
 #113954  by milobender
 Tue May 15, 2012 9:41 am
Well, life is certainly a messy business... I've had to be away for the last 10 days for work, and in my want to finish, messed up the plate work... sanded thru the veneer :?

But it does sound good :smile: I'll try to get some clips posted tomorrow

#114411  by milobender
 Mon May 28, 2012 4:50 pm
Sorry for the delay... I've had unexpected work I couldn't turn down... anyway, here's a link to some clips, just messing with different settings and picking dynamics, recorded earlier in the month. It's recorded in the living room, at a moderate volume, guitar into Real Tube Reverb, Rivera TBR 1M as preamp, 2 6l6 based hi-fi amp, 2 12 inch Weber NeoMags in open backed cabinet. (With the exception of the Low Vol Feedback with Tapping and Misc. Settings clip, where a '67 Champ amp is added on top. :smile: ) There are no effects boxes. There are some parts that sound quite like a phasing device, but it's just changing picking positions, including some bits where I'm picking somewhere around the 12th fret.

I decided these clips were just too lousy to keep posted... and I hadn't done the final intonement/adjustment yet, so there was some string buzz etc... so I'll post some better ones at the end of the topic...
Last edited by milobender on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re:

#115829  by Mosfed
 Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:26 pm
milobender wrote: Combined with the onboard TubeScreamer it gets close to the best of both worlds (with an extra kick at the higher distortion end). I still need to do some mods to the Tube Screamer... it needs a bit more "clean" area on the amount of distortion control, and it's considerably louder than the UGB alone, so I have to adjust the volume pot whenever I switch the TS on or
Um please excuse the stupid question but are we talking an Ibanez Tube Screamer? You can include them on-board a guitar? Is that super complicated? I LOVE my tube screamer - especially since I got it modded by Keeley. Do you include 2 knobs for it then? And a switch? Or....

Thanks!
 #115880  by milobender
 Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 pm
Yes, well it's a BYOC Ibanez Tube Screamer clone, modded by myself, and yes it's in the guitar, and no it's not really super complicated... :smile: I have 3 knobs, Tone, Gain, and Volume, and a bypass switch, AND a LED :D I like it alot!

Sorry all, about the clips (and I know, the posted ones are ramblin :D :D :D )... the band is on leave for at least 6 months now, so no band clips... at some point in the not-too-distant future I hope to gain access to a Twin, and/or a regular Jerry setup so you can hear something cleaner.
 #121929  by milobender
 Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:23 pm
Well I'm happy to say that things have turned around and conspired to let me keep the Wolf Quilt for myself :-) :smile: :-)

I've been playing it for a few months now and it's totally great...

Anyway, I'm just completing a new JerryCaster that I'll list in the 'Garage Sale' area (with more pics and info) as well as on the website... Happy Holidays!

#121945  by WildEye
 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 pm
The grain on that is awesome, looks like a tiger (you know the cat with stripes, not the other one....;)
 #122066  by jenkins
 Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:17 am
Holy shite man!! That is a beautiful/badass guitar right there!!!

Very impressed over here, I would LOVE to play/own that guitar
 #122226  by WildEye
 Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:47 pm
jenkins wrote:Holy shite man!! That is a beautiful/badass guitar right there!!!

Very impressed over here, I would LOVE to play/own that guitar
I think you missed your chance...

I really liked your bolt/tri-triangles what happened to it?
 #122236  by milobender
 Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:24 am
Yep, you snooze you loozzze :smile: :smile:

I've still got the ruined one... I just didn't have the time to spend on making another... and I wanted to get the cavity covered and play it; so I tried just taking a photo and putting resin over it... decopour!

I like the bolt design too... I may re do it when I get some time. (I'll reuse the brass bolt and just start over with the wood.)