#115511  by Yankee Tim

After about 3 weeks, two 12 packs arrived by fedex today. So if anyone was wondering, you can disregard the back order message on thier website, the ticket window is open. :smile:
 #115513  by Yankee Tim

You know, i can best describe the sound of these picks as a poker chip, when tossed onto a hard wood surface.
 #115558  by TI4-1009

I found them pretty "extra-terrestrial" when I first got them, now they're my go-to pick. Normal picks just don't have the "oomph" once you get used to them (at least for Jerry stuff).
 #115575  by Yankee Tim

I have played for years with 1.13 mm Hi-Modulus "Reefer" picks and i thought they were awesome, and stiff. These Adamas make those look like thin flatpickers by comparison. I definitely will have a re-learning curve with these.
 #115656  by JustinJohn

*side note* ...hold the adamas 2.0 pick backwards and pick with one of the 2 'butt-ends' - if u keep the edge of your thumb close enough to the edge of the pick so your thumb sometimes brushes the strings, you can get some cool Trey Anastasio sounds if ur using humbuckers and mild gain; Trey also uses the adamas 2mm graphite pics.
 #115662  by Yankee Tim

Cool side note on the Trey pick thingy. Will try it. I havr a Langeuknock coming in a couple months. Will be interesting to see if i can duplicate those almost harmonic string plucks he does.
 #117246  by Phishfan

I ordered a couple of twelve packs a couple of weeks ago and had them in three days. Kind of weird at first, now I love 'em. Especially with my dreadnought.
 #117247  by mijknahs

Phishfan wrote:I ordered a couple of twelve packs a couple of weeks ago and had them in three days. Kind of weird at first, now I love 'em. Especially with my dreadnought.
Yeah, they're great for acoustic guitar. Mandolin too!
 #117250  by tigger

What is the average lifespan for one of these picks? I switched to using one about 6 weeks ago, and it doesn't seem particularly warn. Would 4 bags last forever?
 #117252  by mijknahs

tigger wrote:What is the average lifespan for one of these picks? I switched to using one about 6 weeks ago, and it doesn't seem particularly warn. Would 4 bags last forever?
I have one that I've used for years. The tip is a bit blunt but not that bad. You could probably re-shape it with some sand paper or a file and one pick would last a long time.

4 bags could very well last you the rest of your life if you don't lose them.
 #117254  by wolftigerrosebud

i've tried sanding down graphite pick tips before with little success. perhaps a much finer grain could do it?

i feel like 4 bags might last me the rest of my life. but i also don't know if or when these will ever be available again... after all, it's been what, 20 years since they went out of production? they were selling on ebay for $50 a bag and stuff like that, which seems ridiculous.