Chat about Equipment Info
 #110569  by TI4-1009

vwjodyme wrote:I got my carvin back from Andrew Olsen a few weeks back, and could not be happier! Love it! it's hard to set it down :-)

Before

After
Like it says on his website: "Jerryfication"

Very nice!
 #110580  by hippieguy1954

TI4-1009 wrote:
vwjodyme wrote:I got my carvin back from Andrew Olsen a few weeks back, and could not be happier! Love it! it's hard to set it down :-)

Before

After
Like it says on his website: "Jerryfication"

Very nice!
Was checkin out his site! He does do very nice work. I see he offers a ebony tripple pickup ring that is really nice! :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #110586  by vwjodyme

He goes by what you want or what is already on your guitar. I wanted something different (not brass) so he had the idea of making a walnut pick-up ring and switcher to match the walnut stripes and back on my guitar.
i think the ebony ring went on rugger's (a member here) all walnut carvin with ebony fret board, but am not positive
 #110607  by Jon S.

Congrats on your wonderful new guitar. I'd dig hearing it someday.
 #110656  by Counterstriker

beautiful! Andrew sent me a pic of that guitar when we were going back and forth on the OBEL cable (which he made very nicely). I thought it may belong to a rukind member... Carvins play so smoothly, i'm sure it sounds fantastic!
 #110715  by vwjodyme

Here is a clip of me practicing one of seth's videos a week or so ago. I am just learning to solo so am not very good. it is too slow and i was just trying to nail the notes...which i missed a bunch.

it is just through my little gdec (bf setting w/ reverb) in the livingroom

#110723  by Dwarf Rat

Looks like all your fingers are working. Keep up the good work.

What string gauge are you using?

All the best,

Matt
 #110724  by vwjodyme

Thanks! I always get nervous playing or puting myself "out there" in front of people other than close friends...let alone musicians.

I have been playing D'Addario's Regular Lights lately. They are the best i've tried so far out of the cheap and easy to find brands.
 #110726  by vwjodyme

here's the inside. He was able to fit everything inside the original cavity except the battery :smile:

#111125  by claytushaywood

vwjodyme wrote:Here is a clip of me practicing one of seth's videos a week or so ago. I am just learning to solo so am not very good. it is too slow and i was just trying to nail the notes...which i missed a bunch.

it is just through my little gdec (bf setting w/ reverb) in the livingroom

where'd you find the video that youre working off of? can you link me? looks like you had some tabs to work off?
 #111128  by Jimaroe

Nice job. I'm in about the same boat as you. I've been working on that solo from Seth and about 4 others for months now. Don't you just pick up so much from Seth - Gratefulguitarlessons.com ? He's the best. Anyways, I had to smile when I heard you ripping through that solo, I play a little Slipknot - into Franks, practice it every day and it drives my wife nuts. She just doesn't see the joy we get in playing (however poorly- with regard to myself). Or she just enjoys giving me s$&@. Anyways, keep going! I struggle with that peel off, but you've got it down. :-)
 #111170  by vwjodyme

claytushaywood wrote:
where'd you find the video that youre working off of? can you link me? looks like you had some tabs to work off?
It's from gratefulguitarlessons.com as jimaroe said above. some think it's a bit pricey, but i just look at it like i'm buying the guy a couple of beers to show me how to play a solo :-)

jimaroe, Thanks man. Yeah, Seth is a great teacher on the vids. not only shows how a solo is played, but also why Jerry is using certain notes and what he might be thinking as the solo progresses.
I'm onto jackaroe now. I never learned to do alternating bass patterns so it is super helpful there, and the solo is kind of bluegrassy which is something else i've always wanted to learn.
keep getting better everyday :cool:
 #111172  by Jimaroe

I'm working through Jackaroe now, too! I also found the Jerry scales set I, helpful. I'm looking forward to picking up set II. I think we get kind of spoiled with all the great folks on here giving so freely of their talents. I have no problem spending 8 bucks for hours of enjoyment and all that comes with the lessons. Hell, like you so eloquently put it, it's like buying a six pack of kind beer. I'm sure you've already seen PeteB's help-slip YouTube instruction, that one is awesome too! Have you ordered any of the Jerry Scale lessons? It looks like Seth has quite a bit in the pipeline. Here's hoping he doesn't get tired of putting the lessons out there!