Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #109598  by Jon S.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/2837689424.html

I thought someone here might be interested in this amp. Though I don't know the seller, Frank, personally, I traded emails with him and he strikes me as a regular guy.
 #109686  by Smolder

Is that about what they go for? Seems like a sweet deal, very affordable way to get there.
 #109689  by Phishfan

Not exactly sure about the market value, but the seller is very friendly and willing to ship to me. Seems like every MC 250 I come across is over $500 and in not that great of shape. This is going to be for a small setup in my house with 1x12. I picked up a '76 twin with factory JBL's a week ago.
Last edited by Phishfan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #109692  by Smolder

Phishfan wrote:Not exactly sure about the market value, but the seller is very friendly and willing to ship to me. Seems like every MC 250 I come across is over $500 and in not that great of shape. This is going to be for a small setup in my house with 1x12. I picked up a '76 twin with factory JBL's a week ago for $1,100. The Original owner bought it new and had a stroke a month later so it sat in climate controlled storage (he owned the facility) for over 30 years. Needless to say it was my lucky day!

Very nice? Congrats on both. I've dreamed of that scenario (twin with JBL's). I can't imagine needing the full Jerry rig. I barely get my half power, 1x12 twin above 3. Gonna set up the pre amp tap now and give a Mac a listen own the road.
 #109698  by Jon S.

I'm extremely happy to have been able to put one good man in touch with another on a cool piece of gear. :smile:
 #110058  by Smolder

A week later, I really wish I had jumped on this. Nice of you to post it Jon.
 #114259  by Phishfan

It's great. I had a local tech fix the fuse holder and test it for me. I'm using it with an SMS and K120/SSP cab and it makes my Strat really sing. I was thinking about picking up a MC 250 or 2505 to run a 2x12 but at 70 or so watts, I'm getting plenty of volume. As Brad has mentioned a few times on the board, tinnitus is not cool at all :)
 #114261  by mijknahs

I'm glad to hear that worked out for you. I originally gave Jon S. the tip on the craigslist ad but he didn't want it. It seemed like a pretty good deal. I've got an MC100 (big brother of the MC50). I rarely have it up past 3 and it's crankin.