#106295  by Urblues

Hey guys, first time post

I was wondering what Tiger replica to get. I was thinking Phiga, and yes I have read the other threads, or a Warmoth WGD.

Also Hardtruckers or soundscaperproductions for cabs?
 #106311  by strumminsix

On guitar:
Do you know the specs of Jerry's guitars? Do you like them? If you are more about the look than the specs and weight I'd go for a Warmoth build.

On speaker cab:
If I were helping a friend build a Jerry rig I'd be SERIOUSLY pushing him to get Vic's 2x10 in a HT cab with a pair of K110s,
 #106313  by JonnyBoy

Thomas Leiber, Matt Moriarity, Phiga, Ressurection Guitars, Scott Walker, A guy named "Soft Machine" on here makes some too. Lots of price points and qualities to consider. To call any of them better than another would be an insult to these people that are all expert luthiers. All of the above will result in a fantastic instrument, you may wanna visit their sites and see what you like or don't like. If you are looking to do it as cheap as possible, building one by yourself from Warmoth is a good idea.

As for amps, I took my jerry axe into my local guitar store and played the Hot rod deluxe III and LOVE it. very versatile. Has a preamp out tap already, full tone stack and cool clipping options Pure fender cleans... $699 for a tube combo like this is an awesome price. I am thinking about trading my twin in for it.
 #106319  by Urblues

I know all of the things on Jerry's guitars all about em. Effects loop, action, wiring schematic. I currently am rockin two strats.

One has the david guilmore active emgs with a maple neck and and action so low you could breath on it and make it play.
The other is an original candyapple red double fat stratocaster from '97 with two humbuckers and a coil tap.

My amp is an ORIGINAL '65 Super Reverb and gets the jerry tone down pat.

I just want some variety though because two strats gets old after a while and I've got the money.
 #106347  by Tony6Strings

Here's whatcha gotta do man. Get yourself a natural finish stratocaster with a maple fretboard and make an alligator replica. Some brass parts, a refret with the biggest wire you can find, and some wood and poxy with which to fill in the trem cavity. Oh yeah, and stickers! Whatever you do, don't forget the stickers...
 #106349  by Urblues

I would love to but I already have two strats. I'm looking for something else, not a les paul, but something that has some beef to it if you know what I mean.
 #106350  by jkstraw

Urblues wrote:I just want some variety though because two strats gets old after a while and I've got the money.
If you've got the money - it seems you have all the options (good place to be!). I hear Matt Moriarty's name come up as if it is the holy grail so if I had the money I would be speaking to him for sure! I've never played one so I can talk to that but others here have and they seem to get A++ reviews. I had Dan Ransom and Gary Brawer work on my Tiger replica/custom and I absolutely love it and would point you in that direction (just make sure you are not in a rush).

Personally I would stay away from Phiga - again no direct experience but his axes have been out for a few years with some mixed reviews. If I pay over 1.5k there better not be mixed reviews :-)
 #106362  by Urblues

Wow thanks guys for all of the input. This forum rocks :cool: I was on My Les Paul but they're too snobby. Also what do you think in terms of amps/cabinets. I have heard about Hogan but can't seem to find their site. Any other suggestions?

P.S. I have heard that Phil Gawen has stepped up his game a bit and I like that tiger replica the best. It is the closest I can find to the original without exceeding the 6000 mark.
 #106363  by Tennessee Jedi

If money is no option just go with Hard Truckers
:-)
Hogan is a member here
This is a cab he made for me
Good luck !
 #106365  by Tennessee Jedi

Hogan a good blend of good quality and affordability for me.
There is another good speaker/cab maker on the site too ...
modz I think ....
great looking cabs - just gotta poke around
:smile: