#105397  by Billbbill

So here I am at lunch again in my car playing guitar - 2nd in the series? :-) I really have no life!
So not a whole bunch to this except a slightly tricky 3 chord progression (?!) especially where it holds the E chord where a phrase ends on it and then it also begins the next phrase - "as she brushes it gently down" - you want to just go to the B or F# intead of staying on the E! Or is it just me? :smile:

The words are a bunch to remember as well - did a number of takes cuz i kept screwing them up. Then the very end is a bit tricky as it changes up.

#105406  by hogan

These car video's would be a lot more impressive if you were in the driver's seat driving.
 #105411  by Billbbill

hogan wrote:These car video's would be a lot more impressive if you were in the driver's seat driving.
hogans got jokes! :-)

that's after drums/space...or maybe the encore
 #105417  by mgbills

Gotta say BillBill...and I'm sure i'll get flamed for the sappiness of this statement...the video is awesome, more so because it's recorded in a car. Absolutely shows a sincere love for this music. Thanks Man. Nice to know there's one or two weird futhuckers like myself who sincerely dig this music.
 #105419  by Billbbill

mgbills wrote:Gotta say BillBill...and I'm sure i'll get flamed for the sappiness of this statement...the video is awesome, more so because it's recorded in a car. Absolutely shows a sincere love for this music. Thanks Man. Nice to know there's one or two weird futhuckers like myself who sincerely dig this music.
thanks man - though the car was/is more a function of not being able to do the vids anywhere outside w/o the friggin planes making it just about impossible - and lunch at my job is actually LESS scenic than the inside of my car though if I keep this lunchtime thing going you'll be getting a look at where I work - gonna be cold here soon - more like I'm just binging a bit here right now - got an itch to do some vids. But you're right - love the music like crazy!! And am continually learning new stuff.

What sometimes gets lost is this site started as a place for Ed to store his tabs - then the forums became a place for us to talk about the music - mostly comparing how we play the music - it's morphed into an "anything goes" kinda situation which is indeed cool - let the interests of those involved drive the discussion. But from posting tab the board evolved to posting sound clips to posting videos - instructional and otherwise. I've always posted my vids as there are people here who are at all points of learning and while some of the more 'evolved' players probably yawn, accompanied by a "boy, here goes billbbill again', there are those who actually learn from them. That's why I post them here. Is it nice to get praise from your peers? Of course but that's not why I do it.

Frankly, for those who aren't interested - just move on - and for the most part they do.
 #148427  by tcsned

Very well done, Bill. I've always loved that tune and you did a great job singing and playing. Thanks!!
 #148469  by Billbbill

Thanks folks! :smile:

And thankyou gratefulredhead! I've never been very comfy with my voice but I guess I'm happy and pleasantly surprised I get as many compliments regarding it as I do - sounds weird to me though. :-D
I guess that's the case with many of us - not liking how our own voice sounds. :)

Gonna post a MUCH more resent clip in the New Speedway forum in a few minutes for some more up to date vocal stylings! LOL