#101277  by hogan
 Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:58 pm
playingdead wrote:Beautiful guitars, shame the sound on the video is so shrill and tinny. I'm sure it doesn't do them justice.

Yep.
That was My first thought. Mic the cab, put a rug down on the hardwoods etc. Oy.
 #101280  by JonnyBoy
 Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 pm
Agree with the E-Filter, That is a hard pedal to use in between different guitars without making adjustment. Even the dialed in sound of it had too much peak, it was clipping the recording gear. Actually, most of the demo was clipped. Still I could tell how nice those guitars sounded... Its like you could feel how nice they sounded. I wish guys would think a little farther when doing guitar demo's and maybe use audio files recorded separately through audio mics, then paired with video files... a camera mic doesn't do guitar demo justice, ever.

Matt is no longer using the Gold Eagle Irwin inlay? I wonder if that is by request from the Irwin camp... I really dig the peacock though.
 #101281  by TI4-1009
 Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:53 pm
Yup, it's all in the hands.
 #101312  by keirweir
 Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:26 pm
jdsmodulus wrote:link doesn't work for me. :? I tried mobile and at my desktop.

I really want a Bare Bones Wolf... Even with the lack of mic setup you can tell it sounds like the ultimate Strat. ME WANTEE
 #101319  by waldo041
 Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:58 pm
unnbrokenchain wrote:
TI4-1009 wrote:Yup, it's all in the hands.

Yep yep
totally agree it's all in the hands!

that said, having the gear plays a part in "the tone" as well!

maybe a small part but it does play a part in getting things exactly right.

here are the same hands, but slightly different rig.

peace,
waldo
 #101623  by Grant
 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:55 pm
jkstraw wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Prices?
Wolf w/ stickers = $6800
Are you sure about that? That price seems accurate for the ones without stickers, unless prices have changed, the early wolf with stickers should be high 5s