#22784  by strumminsix

Your tabs are upside down.
Your explanations are irrational
You come in here bitching about somebody being wrong and then bitch some more when somebody says you are wrong.

Nice.

#22785  by GratefulPat

bobbys transition from e to d to a

E|---------------------
B|---------------------
G|--9--9--9--9---9--2--
D|--9--9--9--9---9--2--
A|--9--9--9--10--9--2--
E|---------------------

#22786  by strumminsix

GratefulPat wrote:bobbys transition from e to d to a

E|---------------------
B|---------------------
G|--9--9--9--9---9--2--
D|--9--9--9--9---9--2--
A|--9--9--9--10--9--2--
E|---------------------

That equals:
Bsus4, Bsus4, Bsus4, Em, Esus4

#22788  by Billbbill

Ooh! Ooh! (with hand raised in the air like Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter) Can I play? Ooh! Ooh!

Your tab is awful! Don't you know jery played this finger style?

Check my vid in video instruction for how it's really played!

Tongue firmly planted in cheek.

#22790  by sarraqum

The tab/s is/are upside down? Oh, haha ok. Sounds better the other way around but I still like the way it sounds as it's given on the Rukind tab.

And why is it awful exactly? Its not that far off from what you have(though it is the right way up) and besides, when it comes to music of the Dead is it really THAT important to play it note by note? Where does improvisation come in?

#22791  by BlobWeird

GratefulPat wrote:not trying to get an attitude. i dont like being told that im wrong or playing another version when i know im right.
Not sure if you know this or not but the dead are notorious for switching things up. So who's to say you're right? Hell Ive never even heard a version that sounds like yours. So to ME, notice the me not to everyone, yours looks out of place.

#22794  by BlobWeird

Didnt finish readin the posts. I kinda thought it was upside down. Either way my point still stands. And Strummin just rocked you haha :cool:

#22806  by GratefulPat

sorry ive never tabbed be4. beside its upside down, thats exactly how it opens in numerous versions.

#22808  by sarraqum

I am sure you're not trying to be an asshole, but your tab and the tab on this site only differ in one note, thats hardly enough-a reason to call it awful...I've seen tabs that do no justice to the song at all and this tab here isn't one of them.

#22824  by ebick

I do want to say this......at least ya came back and answered up......not sure I have seen a good answer, but.....

I certainly don't mind someone offering a different interpretation, and there are plenty of folks who can attest to the fact that I have, on a number of occassions, said, "Yes, that is closer and better than what I have posted".

I think the point here is that there is a way to do it, and a way not to do it. And I hope that you can tell by the tone of many of the responders (myself included) that perhaps the way you came at it wasn't the best way.

I haven't tried to evaluate what you have tabbed out versus what I have posted, but it looks similar, and I don't think that it is so vastly different from what I have to warrent the description "horrible".

#22826  by broomhead

:? omigod, both of your tabs are awful and way off..I play it like this..lol

E|--0--2h3h4-----------------3h4-----------3--4--------
B|----------2--4-----4--2-----------4--2--------------
G|----------------2--------------2--------------2-----
D|----------------------------------------------------
A|----------------------------------------------------
E|----------------------------------------------------

and nobody tell me I'm wrong...waaa :cool:

Actually that's sorta a hybrid of both, I play everyone's notes.

#22828  by Candyman421

im gonna go ahead and apologize for gratefulpat and his ignorant and annoying remarks, :mad: and btw this site doesnt give you any exact transcriptions for any solos or anything it just gives u the basis to feed off of it, and gives u the tools u need to be creative in ur own right, not always copying exactly whats already been done

so i just want to thank the administrators for putting this wonderful resource together and by the way, for each person like gratefulpat their are a hundred of us that are GRATEFUL for this site

#22832  by BOUKINATOR

I'd have to sit down and search all my GDTRFB's... but I agree with someone else's point earlier... I believe Garcia always finger-picked this... which would lead me to believe there is not one accurate tab of the lead lick on this site aside from the video instruction (which I can't actually view from work)

#22833  by GratefulPat

broomhead.. if you noticed by reading that yes they are upside down, try them the other way. are tabs are exactly the same minus one note. the second fret on the E in the first line