#70570  by al.hurst

What settings would you guys use for a QTron to get his envelope filter sound?
Thanks
Alex
 #81866  by schmidtz

I have the QTron+, but I assume this would work for the other models, minus some features. I put it on Low Pass (LP), direction "up" (versus down for Dancing in the Street), response time to fast (although slow could work too), range to Low, and then I put the Peak at noon, and then it just boils down to the sensitivity setting, which I set at a level which makes the overload LED blink when I strum hard.

Hope that helps,
Zach
 #82009  by JonnyBoy

That is a touchy little critter to tame, an OBEL will open new horizons of consistent operation for you. If you have an On Board Effects Loop you sent a full blast signal at all times, so that would be what my settings hover around. With a super II split coiled I keep the knobs between noon and 1:00 on everything, mix setting, low setting, regular sweep, adjust the gain and peak as needed, I like the slow setting myself. LP works OK too for a Jerry tone, I think he preferred it,if you use lower frequency strings for the same notes. Your clip light should come on when you strum hard every now and again. A good tone depends on good dynamics too. But seriously, an OBEL is a fine investment to control that bugger if you play in a band or live. Qtron is a fine envelope filter IMO, don't hate it until you have tamed it yet.