#167001  by carlo zakers

i have made two videos for this ... the longer one walks you through everything ... showing you all the clues i found, and allows you to discover it yourself...

the shorter video starts right out with the new lyrics and does a lot more playing and listening to the new lyrics than explaining how i found them ...

i know it is not earth-shattering, or anything ... this is just something cool to discuss for all of us who love the Grateful Dead :)

so, here is what it is all about ... i discovered, totally by accident ... a recording of Jerry Garcia ... singing in the studio ... with alternate lyrics to the song ... (picked up by Bob Weirs guitar mic and recorded in the background of his guitar track ... lyrics which i believe almost made it onto the album ... and which were probably changed back late in the recording process... lyrics which came very close to replacing a very famous line that we all know and love! ...

this recording has been hidden for almost 50 years, and millions of listeners have never caught it ... but, i will show you how you can hear it plain as day, once you know what to listen for ... you won't believe you have never noticed them before! ...

in addition, these newly found lyrics are quite beautiful, and deep! ... you have to wonder why they were ever changed? ... they were perfect! ... and you will never be able to get them out of your head, once you hear them ... (in a good way)!

I believe that these may have even been Robert Hunter's original lyrics ... and the lyrics that Jerry Garcia was using when he wrote the song ... it is only a couple of lines, and a couple of key words ... but together they paint an entirely different picture of that perplexing first verse ... and help to finally make sense of it! ... i am intentionally being vague ... hoping that you might listen, and experience this find for yourself ...

since i found it... the question has never been if there is actually something there, or not? ... because there is definitely something there ... but ... the question is ... WHAT is there? ... (i also include some video of the sound waves these lyrics created, as further proof that there is definitely something there) ...

some people have had a hard time hearing this ... but when you slow it down and loop it around and around, it becomes a lot more obvious ...

please comment... good, or bad! ... did i get it right ... or not? ... either way, thanks for listening :)