#50645  by revned_04

Just wondering if anyone her liked panic. I just started getting into them this summer, and seeing as their playing NYE in my town trying to get some great shows. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good years or shows or whatever, that would be awesome.
Peace

#50651  by tigerstrat

I didn't know WP played Estimated... really?

I liked WP studio stuff pretty well in the early 90's, but over the years their live stuff became more and more like background music to me, nothing ever truly grabbed me about them. Saw them live only once, outdoors on the campus of Iowa U. in '98 and was fairly unmoved, just thought they were OK.

#50652  by weirimpressed

definitely check out the NYE show from this past year, the best show Ive seen from them in a while. Also, the Rothbury show was really cool too, they had Ann Marie Calhoun come out and play on the violin. Their early years are considered the"great" ones, but I think the shows with Herring on lead are a little more heated imo.

#50657  by spacehead333

Ive seen the houser shows and the herring shows, in my opinion the Herring shows are the best. I was at the Rothbury show and it was insane. I would def. check that one out.

#50664  by warrenMFKNhaynes

Holloween in New Orleans is a mabey. but im going to Milwaukee for the end of the Fall Tour.

#50666  by FairTheeWell

Howdy Revned_04,

For you listening enjoyment....

www.panicstream.com

The older ('85-'92) Panic is a true treat to listen. I get a kick of JB murdering some old Dead tunes.

Check out '94 and anything '98-'01...

8)

#50680  by CountryMile Cadillac

spacehead333 wrote:Ive seen the houser shows and the herring shows, in my opinion the Herring shows are the best.
A lot of folks would consider that blasphemy down south. Best watch the tongue if you find yourself below the Mason-Dixon

#50681  by spacehead333

Well i dont go south so im not worried. They both brought/bring a lot to panic, but Herring is just fresh in my opinion

#50700  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

It's one of those cases where they guy (Houser) was certainly not Hendrix or anything, but IMO the band just has never sounded like Panic without him. His guitar voice was a huge component of their soundscape.

JB is definitely one of my favorite vocalists out there and Jojo is just a bad ass.

Disc 1 of Light Fuse Get Away is one of my all time favorite live recordings for any band.

#50727  by weirimpressed

crazy, thats the evolution of a band after they lose a lead guy. I mean, does the Dead sound like the Dead without Jerry? See what I mean, it comes with the territory.

A lot of folks here in Athens, GA love Herring, and are glad he's taking over the lead spot in the band, he's forcing everyone around him to improve, leading to a new, fresh sound

#50729  by warrenMFKNhaynes

I think Schools is more like the "Jerry" of the band. He seems way less replaceble then Houser or George, or even Jimmy.

#50730  by warrenMFKNhaynes

Oh and check this out

http://panicstream.com/streams/wsp/2002 ... layer.html

2 days after the death of Houser. Go to track 21. in my opinion the best job they've done of Neil Young's Don't Be Denied.

The "Pretty soon I met a friend, he played guitar, We used to sit on the steps at school, and dream of being stars, we started a band, we played all night" Line will undoubtedly give you a rush of goose bumbs when the crowd starts getting loud.

Mikey is greatly missed :cry: :smile: