#15043  by CEaston140001

I was just wondering what some of your favorite live versions of Althea are, or what a good live version is.

#15055  by Rev_Roach

there was a fantastic youtube video of Althea posted here not too long ago, I just tried a quick search but couldn't turn it up. anyone remember?

#15970  by nicolasalk

can anyone tell me a good version??

a very good one i've heard is 09-12.88

#15971  by caspersvapors

Rev_Roach wrote:there was a fantastic youtube video of Althea posted here not too long ago, I just tried a quick search but couldn't turn it up. anyone remember?
that one (from Rockpalast) was taken down, however a new one was posted last week thats just as good

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i7hDmdsD9d4

I consider myself an Althea connoisseur, my favorites:

3/23/87<---probably my favorite above all, Garcias guitar work makes other Altheas feel like chickenshit

10/27/91
10/14/83
Rockpalast 81

I also really like the one in the vid I posted

#15980  by nicolasalk

caspersvapors wrote:
Rev_Roach wrote:there was a fantastic youtube video of Althea posted here not too long ago, I just tried a quick search but couldn't turn it up. anyone remember?
that one (from Rockpalast) was taken down, however a new one was posted last week thats just as good

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i7hDmdsD9d4

I consider myself an Althea connoisseur, my favorites:

3/23/87<---probably my favorite above all, Garcias guitar work makes other Altheas feel like chickenshit

10/27/91
10/14/83
Rockpalast 81

I also really like the one in the vid I posted
thanks that's what i wanted

#15999  by bodiddley

Hell yea!...Too bad the sound isn't better on that video, but Jerry is just diggin' in the whole time. You can tell he's just antsy as hell to get the solo. Fat Man Rocks!

#16428  by caspersvapors

I just found a super hot althea, I like it even better than 10/27

7-19-90!!!! also check out the JS and China Doll, this whole show is a smoker

#16432  by Jimkkc

I've always been partial to 5/12/91 Shoreline. I don't know why - but like so many things in deadland, there isn't a whole lot of explanation.

It's kinda funny that this topic comes up today as my trio has a 35 minute time slot tonight at a local gig and Althea>Crossroads Blues will be our planned closer - (with our level of disorganization, we have to have a set list!)
 #16452  by Laytonco

Casper, you got that right. 3/23/87 is incredible. And how about the Iko. I don't think I've ever heard the crowd singing along that loudly! I'm going to download thisone for sure.

#29279  by BOUKINATOR

Without A Net

Bob hit's this lick using his whammy bar right before the solo starts... just perfect

#29362  by wisedyes

Portland, Maine, I think October 10, 1983. I've only heard a so-so audience tape of it, but ohmyfreakinggod are Jerry and Bobby just absolutely WAILING on it. The hands down best slide Weir ever played, and Jerry just builds up to peak after peak during the ending solo. The emotion from both of them is just dripping all over the floor on that one.

What's really neat about my copy of the tape is that, every time the boys hit yet another peak, the crowd clearly responds with a huge "whoo!" Really, I love Althea, but I've never heard another version like this one.

#29422  by CaptainTrips

wisedyes wrote:Portland, Maine, I think October 10, 1983. I've only heard a so-so audience tape of it, but ohmyfreakinggod are Jerry and Bobby just absolutely WAILING on it. The hands down best slide Weir ever played, and Jerry just builds up to peak after peak during the ending solo. The emotion from both of them is just dripping all over the floor on that one.

What's really neat about my copy of the tape is that, every time the boys hit yet another peak, the crowd clearly responds with a huge "whoo!" Really, I love Althea, but I've never heard another version like this one.
Im interested in this version . . . but according to Deadbase X, Althea was played on ( 9/11/83; 10/14/83 and 10/18/83)

:cry:

#29478  by wisedyes

Checked my tape - 10/18/83. A must listen.

#29479  by CaptainTrips