#28719  by JackORoses

thank you so much for this video, gonna try to figure it out tomorrow

#28766  by Billbbill

ronster wrote:
What the hell happened? Now everything looks good?
I edited it about 4 times and finally after about 20 minutes, got it to fit.
Dude, I need a video to see how to drop in them fills! Go get thee a camera! :shock:

Seriously, some of them are a little tough for me to get to the fingerboard in the right time.

#30352  by Billbbill

steve wrote:good job bill! i really like the video

everything sounds good. if you end up not tabbing out the solo, hmm, could you say the what you did around the -1:10 part. i really like that riff there.

(/) Slide Up () Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|---------------------8--7--6--4h5---------------------------------------------
B|--8b10--10--10r8--6----------------6------------------------------------------
G|--------------------------------------5--7p5-----5----------------------------
D|----------------------------------------------7-----7p5--3--5--3-----3--5-----
A|------------------------------------------------------------------5-----------
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.guitartabcreator.com

I think that's the riff you're talking about steve.
 #52906  by Billbbill

Nice job Paolo! I'd checked your version out quite a while back on yt. Good work. Hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of cleaning up your posts. Call it house cleaning! :smile:

bill
 #52907  by Billbbill

OH no! Doh! I just looked at the tab in my post above Paolo's and the tab is offset! Yikes, I hope it all ain't like that!
 #59971  by nagesh

Hey Bill,
I just wanted to thank you A LOT for posting this and other videos that have helped me learn how to play some of my favorite dead songs, including this one, 'Dire Wolf'. Like some others have commented, Dire Wolf is a song that seemed simple up front but I never got around to it because...well, it's not simple and I wasn't quite sure haw to figure it out. So now I've got it down thanks to you(except for the intro and solo, which I will get soon). My love of this band and learning to play their songs is seemingly unquenchable. Thanks again!

Nagesh aka Rob
 #60008  by Billbbill

nagesh wrote:Hey Bill,
I just wanted to thank you A LOT for posting this and other videos that have helped me learn how to play some of my favorite dead songs, including this one, 'Dire Wolf'. Like some others have commented, Dire Wolf is a song that seemed simple up front but I never got around to it because...well, it's not simple and I wasn't quite sure haw to figure it out. So now I've got it down thanks to you(except for the intro and solo, which I will get soon). My love of this band and learning to play their songs is seemingly unquenchable. Thanks again!

Nagesh aka Rob
Thanks for letting me know Rob - glad it was helpful! :cool:
 #64361  by rowjimmy11

Sounds Great keep on trucking!!!!
 #70353  by Blkjk

I was wondering if anyone knew whether the guitar solo is done over the chords of
verse #1 "In the timbers to Fennario, the wolves are running round")
(I have seen this version for the soloing only via youtube video of the GD doing this)

or verse #3 "When I awoke, the Dire Wolf, Six hundred pounds of sin"?

Thanks for your help.