#136457  by SethD

This is my first post on the forum. Hopefully Songs is the appropriate place to post...

I'm searching for a performance of Dark Star that John Oswald included in the track "Fault Forces" on Grayfolded -- Transitive Axis. It emerges between 2:50-3:00, beginning with insistent Am octaves. Jerry starts to rip at about 3:14. The track is on Youtube as well (starts at ~10:13 here):

My buddy gave me Oswald's time-map last night, and I believe I have all of the performance listed. Still cannot find this particular performance. Any advice would be much appreciated!
 #136460  by tigerstrat

I don't know offhand, but I LOVE questions like this.

I wish I had about 50 spare hours to camp out on the '68 thru '70 pages of the Archive, pouring over every Dark Star to find the passage. To me it sounds like late '69 / 70 if I was picking out the right snippet. Please post it if you find out.
 #136507  by TI4-1009

There is a "timeline" of the various dark stars that were used included with the set. This guy has a scan of it on his web page:

http://estacionterrapin.blogspot.com/20 ... olded.html

I love Greyfolded (and I just learned that the name is (sort of) a homophome of "Grateful Dead")