#169847  by ac4468

It's been a while since I've posted and have shared this elsewhere but I though I'd share a project I'm working on. A 1/6th scale functioning mini wall of sound! Image
Jon S., Gr8fulCadi, LazyLightning72 and 2 others liked this
 #169853  by NeilG1

Unbelievable!!!
Please keep sharing as it grows.
 #169857  by TI4-1009

Now THAT's cool! :o
 #169879  by ac4468

This is the first in a series of walls I will build and hopefully culminating a real playable sized wall. It will measure about 6 feet tall x 8-10 feet wide. It has 2.5" speakers for the 15's, 2" speakers for the 12's and 23mm speakers for the 5-6's All told there will be in excess of 400 speakers in this version. They will be driven by a series of class D amps totaling around 700 watts which is proportional to its size for the real wall. I started a FB page to track it's progress "Petite Mur De Son Mini Wall of Sound". This ones not exactly high fidelity as the speakers range from $0.48 to $2.00 each. At $5-$10 it becomes a $10k project very quickly so hopefully this one will fund the next bigger one
strumminsix liked this
 #169880  by strumminsix

I'll say this. If you can get some good fidelity out of this, would be an amazing addition to someone's (mine) man-cave or jam-cave!!
 #169881  by ac4468

Stay tuned!
strumminsix wrote:I'll say this. If you can get some good fidelity out of this, would be an amazing addition to someone's (mine) man-cave or jam-cave!!
strumminsix liked this
 #169882  by lbpesq

I’m confused. Is the above description, 6’ tall, 8-10’ wide, the dimension of the one in the picture? If so, how big will the final version be? What will this be for? Your rig? A full PA? If full P.A., will you be using the dual mics? This is a really cool project!

Bill, tgo
Last edited by lbpesq on Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #169883  by ac4468

After the scaffolding 6' x 8-10'
 #169884  by lbpesq

See my above post again - you posted while I was revising my post. I’m still a little confused.

Bill, tgo
 #169885  by TI4-1009

So.... no Phil bombs out of those 2.5-inchers then? :lol:
 #169911  by ac4468

lbpesq wrote:I’m confused. Is the above description, 6’ tall, 8-10’ wide, the dimension of the one in the picture? If so, how big will the final version be? What will this be for? Your rig? A full PA? If full P.A., will you be using the dual mics? This is a really cool project!

Bill, tgo
this version is roughly 6 feet tall by 8 feet wide plus. Really the next logical size pops we are the largest speakers are 4 inches puts the entire thing at over 8 feet tall and more like 12 to 16 feet wide. A playable one for an actual fan set up would likely need to be one size up from that. That is on the horizon, this is the first of the series. They start getting pricey :-)
 #169912  by Gr8fulCadi

Duuuuuuuuude........That is truly spectacular!! I love it! Very nice work and creativity....bravo