#143381  by softmachine72

How hard is it to ad the 1/4 input jacks to a Mac 2100 ? Any pointers ? do you completely remove the screw terminal plates?
 #143384  by hippieguy1954

Read through this: http://community.rukind.com/viewtopic.php?f=419&t=10215 There are several posts concerning the input jacks etc.

I removed mine by carefully prying the retainer rings off the back of the inputs and removing them with plyers. Then I drilled the holes slightly bigger to the appropriate size and installed the 1/4" input jacks. Very easy.

As far as the speaker outputs go, it nice to have the choice of different ohm outputs, so left the speaker output strip as is.
 #143386  by Searing75

I left the terminals as is on the chassis. I just drilled a 1/4" hole for the jack over by the power cord side, and wired up the 8 ohm and ground to it for my K120. Great!
 #143395  by TI4-1009

I just bought a handful of the spade connectors for hooking up the speaker wire to the output strip. The only ones I could find were the ebay ones- all from China. Can connect either wire or bananna plugs.

#143407  by hippieguy1954

TI4-1009 wrote:I just bought a handful of the spade connectors for hooking up the speaker wire to the output strip. The only ones I could find were the ebay ones- all from China. Can connect either wire or bananna plugs.

+1 That's exactly what I use and they work great! I put banana plugs on one end of the speaker wires and the 1/4" on the other end for the speaker cab.