#161845  by Scriscitello

Hey guys,

I've ordered a TPC-1 Buffer from Wald Electronics to be put in my Wolf tribute. I also want an OBEL installed. My guitar already has the switch for this installed, but I don't know too much about the technicalities of guitars and I was wondering if someone could explain to me just how the buffer/OBEL works?

Also, are there any directions I should inform my tech of when I hand the guitar over to him for installation?

Thanks!
Sammy
 #161846  by TI4-1009

Scriscitello wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:11 am Also, are there any directions I should inform my tech of when I hand the guitar over to him for installation?
OH YEAH!

Here's a wiring diagram for Wolf:

http://dozin.com/jers/guitars/wolf/schematic.htm

The buffer and the OBEL are two different things- you can have one without the other. The buffer is "just" a small preamp that is mounted in the circuit inside the guitar. "Just", but important to keep a strong signal.

The OBEL sends the signal out from the guitar, through the effects loop, and back into the guitar before it goes out to the amp. Or not- if the switch is off.

Tons of detail available using the search function here. Ya just gotta poke around.
 #161848  by Scriscitello

Awesome!! Thanks a ton!
TI4-1009 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:57 am
Scriscitello wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:11 am Also, are there any directions I should inform my tech of when I hand the guitar over to him for installation?
OH YEAH!

Here's a wiring diagram for Wolf:

http://dozin.com/jers/guitars/wolf/schematic.htm

The buffer and the OBEL are two different things- you can have one without the other. The buffer is "just" a small preamp that is mounted in the circuit inside the guitar. "Just", but important to keep a strong signal.

The OBEL sends the signal out from the guitar, through the effects loop, and back into the guitar before it goes out to the amp. Or not- if the switch is off.

Tons of detail available using the search function here. Ya just gotta poke around.