#161233  by milobender

:o) I didn't think to weigh them. I'd say 10 - 11 pounds... That seems to be the average. The Walnut build is lighter than the Maple build.
 #161236  by milobender

mkaufman wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:52 pm Any way to get the weight down to 7-8 lbs and keep the tone?

I know I'm asking for a miracle...

ace
I honestly don't know. My bet would be no, you won't get the same tone. I notice the difference between neck-through and set neck designs.... I would think it's unavoidable. I don't mind the weight myself. My back is pretty bad, and just standing, holding nothing, hurts me after a while. I started using the small bass model of the Comfort Strapp and it's really the same as if I'm standing with nothing, it's really outstanding. I used a wide leather strap for 20 years, with an Ibanez that weighed a ton, and it was pretty much non stop misery after an hour or two "o) I don't mind the 10 - 11 pounds at all.
 #161245  by tcsned

They look amazing! I need to shake the money tree and get you that piece of koa soon :D
milobender liked this
 #161305  by Jon S.

milobender wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:03 pm My back is pretty bad, and just standing, holding nothing, hurts me after a while. I started using the small bass model of the Comfort Strapp and it's really the same as if I'm standing with nothing, it's really outstanding. I used a wide leather strap for 20 years, with an Ibanez that weighed a ton, and it was pretty much non stop misery after an hour or two "o) I don't mind the 10 - 11 pounds at all.
Thanks for the strap tip!
milobender liked this
 #161314  by chinacatbundaberg

The 'Blue Rose' weighs in at 8.6 lbs on our notoriously vague scales. So give or take.

And photos don't do the Rose any justice. Colours wash out a bit and the real thing pops. A completely beautiful instrument.

And Brian, your packaging skills leave me in awe:) Speakers arrived beautifully packaged.
tcsned, milobender liked this