#119694  by Yankee Tim

Still waiting for a return call from the lumber yard. Seems the two whoresalers near Albany, NY no longer do cash&carry sales. :(

For a comparative purpose, what have you all paid for a sheet? I'm getting prices for both 4x8 and 5x5 sheets. Seems like the 5x5 will have much less waste (only building one 2x12 HT style). Not that I can do.much about the price I get other than shop around, as I need the material. Have all the parts ordered and tow D120fs ready to go. Its just that I'm Scottish and we are a "tight" people. And if I'm going to get fuct hard on the price, I'm going to demand they kiss me first.

Thanks in advance.
 #119698  by rugger

I don't recall specifically, but I think somewhere in the neighborhood of $40-50 for 3/4" sheet.

john in san diego
 #119731  by jackevorkian

That sounds about right for the 5x5...maybe a little high, but not ridiculous. I think I've paid in the 70-75 range, but that is through a wood shop that buys wholesale. 4x8 BB is very uncommon, which would explain the pricing. To be honest, I've never even seen a 4x8 sheet of BB...didn't think eastern European mills ever used that modular sizing.
 #120029  by TI4-1009

So last night was the first night of hockey for this year. I'm doing my stretches with my nose down on my Easton stick and what do I see- "Baltic birch veneer."
 #120030  by NSP

TI4-1009 wrote:So last night was the first night of hockey for this year. I'm doing my stretches with my nose down on my Easton stick and what do I see- "Baltic birch veneer."
Nice...good to see there's other gear head's out there slapping the puck around. Monday is my night to skate, so I'll be out there tonight.
 #120041  by TI4-1009

Have fun! Last night was brutal for me. 62 old years, off for 2 years with a knee injury and surgery. Buffing brutal.... gasp :-)