#167465  by kentuckykind

I just wanted to throw this out there in case someone is looking for some used Phil Gear. This auction has a bunch of stuff from various artist (one Prince's guitar and Kurt Cobain's acoustic guitar are the big items).

Page 3 is where the Phil Stuff Starts, see link below. Some highlights are his Ken Smith Bass (at $37,500 currently) and a Modulus Bass (at $20K currently). Some other items that could be awesome, for the guitar players they have a Fender Speaker Cabinet (Currently $600.00) that appears to have a JBL Speaker installed as well as a 1966 Fender Twin Reverb, also with JBL Speakers (currently at $4,500).

https://www.julienslive.com/m/view-auct ... 320?page=3
 #167468  by Bigfoot Co.

I think that twin will go for a mint with people speculating that they will be able to blueprint the magic JG preamp from it. If you look, you'll see that its vibrato channel is already dialed in JG style lol
 #167469  by Jon S.

Bigfoot Co. wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:28 pm I think that twin will go for a mint with people speculating that they will be able to blueprint the magic JG preamp from it. If you look, you'll see that its vibrato channel is already dialed in JG style lol
Good catch!

#167544  by tdcrjeff

kentuckykind wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:26 am Some highlights are his Ken Smith Bass (at $37,500 currently) and a Modulus Bass (at $20K currently). Some other items that could be awesome, for the guitar players they have a Fender Speaker Cabinet (Currently $600.00) that appears to have a JBL Speaker installed as well as a 1966 Fender Twin Reverb, also with JBL Speakers (currently at $4,500).
That $600 bid on the Fender speaker cabinet was mine and it lasted for 3 weeks until Wednesday. I didn't really think I would get it. It ended up going for $1920, far more than I was willing to pay. The Twin went for $22,400 and the Ken Smith bass for $108,800. Not sure what happened to the Modulus, the listing disappeared weeks ago.
kentuckykind liked this