#113665  by Deadhead85

Just as an update on the effects loop...I recently brought it to a local shop and got it back yesterday. Since it was there, I had them put in new pre-amp tubes (mesa's). They said the pot for send level was indeed shot, so they replaced that and set it for unity, with a patch cable in the loop, which I thought was pretty cool! I got it home, hooked it up...and everything is working perfect and sounds better than ever (which I didn't think was possible).
 #113693  by mgbills

Another Mesa Lover. Loved my Mark I (non-reissue) w/K120. Play my TA-15 more than my rack rig. Even though they have the reputation of being the "Death Metal" amp company, Mesa cleans are stellar. They're in the Jerry/Bobby lineage. Equipment is domestically produced. Quality is exceptional.

Last night I had Jerry/Merl pumping "Georgia on my Mind" pumping from a McIntosh (oldschool) stereo system. I was playing off it with the Transatlantic/JBL K120 configuation at the 6 watt setting with a schmattering of Earth Drive, and a bit of nice pedal reverb (EHX). I'm talking big fun here. Guitar medition in G Dorian trading leads w/ Merl and the G. Man.

OK. I've got to work now. My guitar crap is taking over my business ethics. :roll:
:peas:
M
 #114539  by TI4-1009

Lonestar Classic through K 110 & 120 cab here. Based on the Blackface preamp circuit, exceptional reverb. Count me in.
 #126796  by pablomago

I have a MK 1 RI with the hardwood cab and all. Mine came with an EVM 12 L/Black Shadow that I replaced for a while with a vintage Altec 417. The Altec was too harsh so I put it in my Mesa Studio .22+ (more on it later) and reinstalled the EVM. t's a great amp. I bought it for Santana tones, but It does so much more then that. I've even played electric/acoustic mandolin through it. My amp had the loop labeled backwards. So try reversing the leads. Can't hurt anything.

The Studio .22+ is my the amp I gig with 87% of the time. The Altec cleans it up and a carefully selected 12AX7 tube in V2 just makes it a little more special. I don't use the drive channel, I use pedals for that.

A friend got a MKV that I'm dying to spend a few hours with. He moved 60 miles away, so it's going to be a while before I get to do that.

As far as Bobby tones, I have a Strat with EMG's and with a little compression, and a smattering of chorus and delay here and there. I feel like I'm in the ballpark with either of the Boogies. My DSR and 2 x 12" with K-120's just don't get out all that often.