#171249  by Tennessee Jedi

Yeah Buddy I'm stoked to have nabbed this JC combo - reverb is busted but that will get fixed soon
 #171250  by PaulJay

Congratulations on your find. I have one, will never get rid of it.
It’s used every Sunday at my open jam. Its taken all kinds of abuse and
Just keeps enduring.
Tennessee Jedi liked this
 #171253  by Jon S.

On my Roland Cube Street, the JC Clean setting is intended to emulate the Roland Jazz Chorus. Who knows how close it actually is to a Jazz Chorus amp but, on the Street Cube, I'll admit it's not my tone. I prefer the "Black Panel" setting for clean. But there's no denying that to many the JC gets a beloved, classic sound.

#171255  by PLS30820

I've got a JC 120 and it is a beast. i think it weighs more than my Twin with E120's in it!
 #171257  by Tennessee Jedi

PLS30820 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:43 am I've got a JC 120 and it is a beast. i think it weighs more than my Twin with E120's in it!
I hear ya on the weight thing - glad I was able to get the 77 model
 #171258  by Tennessee Jedi

Jon S. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:33 am On my Roland Cube Street, the JC Clean setting is intended to emulate the Roland Jazz Chorus. Who knows how close it actually is to a Jazz Chorus amp but, on the Street Cube, I'll admit it's not my tone. I prefer the "Black Panel" setting for clean. But there's no denying that to many the JC gets a beloved, classic sound.

Yeah buddy - I'm not sure what its gonna sound like - its already in the shop and I didn't fire it up - but I'm going to make it work
I got my eyes on some local JBL K series speakers - just in case I want to go overboard, Jon Dude
 #171339  by heymur1

I scored one of these as well and wow, it is great for Bobby tone, just curious what settings people are using? I pretty much have my treble all the way up and high treble about in the middle, bass at like 2. Some tunes I throw the chorus on and some keep it off.

Very curious if anyone is using pedals with their JC-77 for bobby tones and which ones / settings? I've never really been a pedal / rack guy, but bought a few off a guy from my neighborhood who was in a bobby role...I picked up an Ibanez DM2000, Pigtronix envelope phaser, ashly SC-50 - I've been messing around a little bit with the Pigtronix for Shakedown, but have no clue how to even use the other 2 and he moved out of state before I was able to pick his brain. Disappeared like a fart in a windstorm.

Any suggestions / comments are welcomed if anyone is familiar with any of these.

Thanks!
 #171598  by Tennessee Jedi

heymur1 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:14 am I scored one of these as well and wow, it is great for Bobby tone, just curious what settings people are using? I pretty much have my treble all the way up and high treble about in the middle, bass at like 2. Some tunes I throw the chorus on and some keep it off.

Thanks!
Ive been setting the bass at around 8 - but I'm gonna try the 2 setting that you use.
If its a 80s tune/version I throw the chorus on - Ive been going w no pedal board lately
I'm really loving it and its loud and cuts thru.
 #171606  by heymur1

Yeh it cuts right through, I’ve been really happy with it. You couldn’t really hear me much before or I was obnoxiously too loud and that was worse. I have some effects but don’t really know how to use them, they’ll sit for a while until I can figure things out or dump em…for now I’m happy straight through this unit or flipping the chorus on for some w tunes like you said.