#162837  by handyandy

People using JC77 for their Bobby rig, what's your entire rig look like?
 #162854  by ski_rick

More often than not, I simply go direct from my guitar to my JC77. That's kinda why I bought it, "Bobby in a box." I'm also getting lazier as I get older and trying to limit the amount of equipment I need to haul around. I tend to use a little chorus, sometimes not. I've fooled around with adding a compressor pedal too.
 #162864  by brbadg

Right,exactly what I'm doing..More time has to be spent on learning the chord shapes and stuff.
strumminsix liked this
 #162865  by strumminsix

brbadg wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:10 am Right,exactly what I'm doing..More time has to be spent on learning the chord shapes and stuff.
My favorite Bobby rig is a good amp with versatile EQ + guitar with minibuckers that can switch: dual, single parallel, and both OOP. Need more left hand work with right hand accompaniment than effects, IMO.
handyandy, WeirGrateful liked this
 #162867  by handyandy

strumminsix wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 pm
brbadg wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:10 am Right,exactly what I'm doing..More time has to be spent on learning the chord shapes and stuff.
My favorite Bobby rig is a good amp with versatile EQ + guitar with minibuckers that can switch: dual, single parallel, and both OOP. Need more left hand work with right hand accompaniment than effects, IMO.
Do you use an EQ pedal? If so which one? I've read on here that people have a custom EQ pedal from a guy in Germany that is similar to the schematics of Weir's Cowboy onboard EQ. That would be nice to have and I wanna know how to get my hands on one.
 #163275  by strumminsix

handyandy wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:05 pm
strumminsix wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 pm
Do you use an EQ pedal? If so which one? I've read on here that people have a custom EQ pedal from a guy in Germany that is similar to the schematics of Weir's Cowboy onboard EQ. That would be nice to have and I wanna know how to get my hands on one.
No. I can get where I want with my guitars and amps. Keep in mind my primary guitar has been the same since 2010 and amps are selected with that guitar. Constantly gear swapping does us all a disservice in the tone quest.