#83385  by sants

I just got a real 65 twin and would like to try and run it through my mc2300. On the schematic it says 1.vibrato preamp out and 2. normal preamp out. My question is, do I tap both or pick one? The schematic shows two additional 1/4 in outs that were put into the amp right? Could I get the same results by using the rca out where the vibrato pedal would go?
Just trying to make some sense of this and go the easiest route without doing any permanent mods to my amp. It looks fairly simple but please correct me if I am wrong!
 #83387  by sants

Are two schematics listed the same with one being a close up? I just want to temporarily rig it up to try it out.
 #83388  by sants

As I posted on waldo's thread I just want to try and run the pre of twin through my mc2300. This is more of an experiment than anything. My question about dozin's page is that it says to use the vibrato pedal out. The pic posted in his page looks real simple to do but looks like it is being tapped and sent to the speaker output jack. Can anyone help me out. Has anyone tried the mod from this page? Waldo's looks a little more intricate. i would like to eventually try both.

http://www.dozin.com/gear/preamp/SilverFaceTwinMod.jpg
 #83392  by sants

crap, sorry about that. I will take the one down. my internet was freezing up and I double posted!
 #83395  by JonnyBoy

You're gonna find that the information posted on mods is information for those that know the answers to those questions you ask or have knowledge of amps. Guys like Dozin and Waldo have tirelessly answered them before for people that don't know much about it, so I would look in the archives of posts deeply, not just looking casually, but using a bunch of searches. I am sure what you are asking is there.
I can tell you that I have a TRRI and the wiring has both channels tapped off of one point since the circuit is a bit different. seeing that I also shunted after the tap too, the power section is spared the load also. I assume that both the taps go to one jack since you will only be preamping one guitar at a time. If nothing is plugged into the normal channel it is not sending a signal to interfere with the vibrato. If you only use the vibrato channel then only tap that point. You can remove an RCA jack and put a 1/4 inch in there or drill a new hole. I think dozin used one of the second input 1/4" of his vibrato channel. You could feasibly use the RCA's too if you desire.

Go ahead and do the mod, you can always use the twin as a combo with both taps no matter what.