#174454  by Slewfoot2000

Currently really liking this setup for my rudimentary playing…everything is dialed in and working and sounding great!

ssmug liked this
 #174462  by Darkstar860

One more look.

https://youtu.be/RpPSnxqG6yM

Im still getting use to the Midi setup. Im really only using it on 2-3 songs per night. But i love the GR-30s filter, the microtron and the octave divider combined. The filters on the GR-30 are awesome with the microtron. I get a very 90s Jerry tone on songs like Shakedown Street. I got use to the picking dynamics that go with the midi pickup, that i got use to very quickly as i am very dynamic picker. I am still debating selling one of my JBL e120's and adding a different speaker to go along with my other JBL in this cab. What newer speakers are out there that can give a JBL e120 a run for its money ?

Keep posting your gear folks, I love to see what everyones up to :-)

Oh and my friend bought me a Direwolf OD pedal, he got it for me a few months ago. But i have not seen him yet so i have not gotten the pedal in my hands. I think i posted a link about it a few weeks ago or so. I will have to get back to you guys on it once i try it. That is the pedal i cant wait to try with my setup.

The blue tape on the power amp says T and B. Top and Bottom speaker. I can have the sound guy mic my bottom speaker and then onstage i can adjust the volume of the top speaker without pissing off the sound guy if needed. 100watts per speaker. 180watts bridged. The Furman is relatively new, but i am so so so glad i finally got this unit. Works wonders.

The Fender American Pro II i got is the best Fender guitar ive ever had my hands on and ive owned dozens of Fenders (expensive all the way down to the Mexican models) and never clicked with them. Ive always used G&Ls over Fender. But this guitar finally puts a Fender guitar into my G&L collection thats worthy of hanging with them. Everything about this guitar is just perfect.

Travis Bean has become my favorite guitar i own. I have not had issues with expanding of the aluminum or tuning issues. I take it out of its case, put it on a stand and give it 10mins to match room temp and i tune it up and im done for 3+ hours. Most of the time the guitars in tune when i get home and take it out of the case. Ive really put this guitar to the test and i cant even mimic the tuning problems ive read and heard about. Mines a 2021 model and i swear they fixed some issues the originals had for sure.

My Wolf #1 is about... 8 or 9 years old now and has been my main guitar since i got it. THe midi system is on that guitar. I love love love this guitar, i have 3 more of these but this particular one has been my main guitar for years. I was carrying an extra wolf or two on me for live use, but now my guitars for live use are the three in this video.
 #174506  by Darkstar860

Im so pumped the last weekend of the month my new band is playing @ Sterling Stage in Sterling NY. Really sweet festival spot. Dubiously Dead is the name. It features members of Positive Mental Trip (PMT), Tread Lightly, In The Dark and For The Grateful. This is our first festival gig and my current setups (in the video above) first festival show. These are a lot of fun as i can really crank up my amps outdoors. Also gonna be my Beans first festival show. A lot of firsts going on. I had not played @ Sterling Stage since.... 2007. Quite a bit of time between visits.

#174538  by Darkstar860

Ok so i got some new toys and i made a new video tonight of my complete Dead setup. I dont think i forgot anything.... im hoping i didnt.

https://youtu.be/JzSYvGKCvZk

This Dire Wolf pedal is my dream tone, so in the last few years ive found everything i need to have the exact tone in my head. Crazy. I use to always be 75% it felt like, now its all there.

Enjoy

:-)
strumminsix liked this