#173095  by Cumtax

So I wanted to put an alligator brass plate on my strat, however, there aren't lots of options out there. I asked Alembic, Scarletfire and non of them even bothered to answer me; Phred instead sent me a kind response telling me that Axextreme Creations make one.

This is the actual piece https://axetremecreations.com/product/b ... rol-plate/

Does this look kinda weird to you too? Maybe it's because it's not buffed? I can't clearly see the original Alligator picture but it looks... different?

Don't know probably it's the picture + flash triggering all the reflections from the brass and making it look weird
 #173096  by lbpesq

There are at least a couple of other sources. I believe Leo at Scarletfire does these, or at least used to. Also Robert Rusch (Rusch guitars) does them. Mine came shiny and I relicced it with vinegar and salt. One difference between Jerry’s and the current repros is that Jerry’s was hand-hammered and the repros are made of sheet brass. I’ve thought about going off on the piece with a ballpeen hammer, but have yet to try it.

Bill, tgo
 #173099  by Cumtax

lbpesq wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:48 am There are at least a couple of other sources. I believe Leo at Scarletfire does these, or at least used to. Also Robert Rusch (Rusch guitars) does them. Mine came shiny and I relicced it with vinegar and salt. One difference between Jerry’s and the current repros is that Jerry’s was hand-hammered and the repros are made of sheet brass. I’ve thought about going off on the piece with a ballpeen hammer, but have yet to try it.

Bill, tgo
pretty incredibly how sometimes people go into the smallest details when it comes to the Dead and yet we have only two sellers of alligator brass parts, both claiming they are 100% realistic, and none of them really is
 #173121  by Darkstar860

jackevorkian wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:46 pm https://www.ebay.com/itm/185355219178?c ... 6IQAvD_BwE
Thanks for the link ! I was looking for a 5 way selector made of brass to replace one currently on one of my Wolf Guitars. I did not know this guy was making this stuff. Wicked cool ! His bridges look nice.