#173091  by Jon S.

Curious if anyone else has compared two or all three of these boosts.

I have the Doozy Boost on my main pedalboard. I absolutely love everything about it. I leave it as the first pedal/on always to boost and sweeten my tone.

I also own an Orman Mini Booster (in the form of a Fulltone Fat Boost 1, which is the exact Orman circuit) that will be serving as the first pedal/always on on my second pedalboard that I'm assembling now (further details and pic eventually). The Mini Booster, with the input gain dimed, tone control dimed, and volume adjusted to slightly above unity gain also gives a sweet, bright tone boost that I dig.

And, of course, we're all familiar with the Stratoblaster.

FromWichita liked this
 #173092  by Jon S.

#173098  by Cumtax

I have a boost of the dead by farm pedals, with both stratoblaster and tiger buffer. It's an always-on pedal for me in the first position as the stratoblaster rounds up the tone and gives a bit of fake high volume "electrical tension" that I always hear in Jerry's clean tone from the 70s. I play a strat
Jon S. liked this
 #173103  by Darkstar860

I have not tried any of the above boosts. But I have been using the same Boost pedal for about 17 years. BBE Boosta Grande. Nice Clean boost that hits Twins very nice. Def along with spring Reverb are my two desert island effects. Yes I know a boost ! ;-)

Id like to try these models mentioned above, but kinda like you I really have no complaints over my current setup ;-) But its always fun to try new stuff out.

Also if you are not using the effects loop on your guitar or amp, the BBE sounds great before the Mu-Tron to make it react very close to how it would if you were indeed running thru an effects loop. I was blown away this Boost solved that issue quite like it does.
 #173105  by Jon S.

I've tried the Boosta Grande. It is also a fine clean boost pedal.

One of many reasons I bought my first Micro-Tron IV a couple of years ago, and this week, ordered another for my new second pedalboard, is it's so forgiving of what you input into it. For many years, I used the Tron Up setting on my Line 6 M13 which worked decently only when preceded by a compressor. The Micro-Tron IV works fine for me however I use it.
 #173109  by Darkstar860

I love both my signed by Mike Tru-Tron 3x and the Microtron IV. Hands down my favorites. I used a EH Q-Tron for a looooong time and that is a nice pedal, but its lacking something. Id like to try the Q-Tron+ that has the effects loop on it tho.

Ive started to see more people using the BBE boosta, you can find them used for peanuts.