#173087  by Darkstar860

Having the preamp in the guitar really is my fav part of the tone and I really need it. My Wolf guitars plugged into just about any amp have a nice unique tone. One of my fav setups to jam with that isnt my SMS setup is my Wolf thru a AC15 2x12. Awesome ! Youd be very suprised how good of a Jerry ish tone you can get out of that amp and guitar. The bright cap has been taken off the AC15. But my point is the guitar is very important to getting that tone, without the right one and without the preamp your only ever gonna get 75% of the way there with all the amps and pedals etc. All the other things are dependent on the guitar and your playing first. How your amp and pedals react. At least thats how I think of it.

If all your after is 72 ish tone than its easier imho, because a Strat thru a nice Fender blackface amp can get pretty much.. there. But if you start trying to chase Jerrys later 70s and early 80s tone, the strat aint gonna cut it imho. And then it starts to get more complicated with all the gear etc.
natebernstein liked this