#172671  by Darkstar860

Have any of you messed with the internal pots on this pedal ? There are two. Just curious if anyone has experimented with them and knows what each one does. I didnt want to mess with it without some more info first. :-)

-Walt B
 #172673  by Jon S.

I have not due to the pedal working so well for me with the stock settings. I thought I'd post now anyway, though, to reiterate and reinforce how much I like this pedal in my rig. How this pedal tames transient spikes and harsh highs relative to other such pedals I've owned which I found myself running compressors before them reminds me of the differences between the clutches on an old Volvo (minute range/unforgiving) and Mazda (smooth range/very forgiving). While you can make both work for you with enough care, why not go the smooth and forgiving route?
 #172677  by PurpleTrails

Jon S. wrote:I have not due to the pedal working so well for me with the stock settings. I thought I'd post now anyway, though, to reiterate and reinforce how much I like this pedal in my rig. How this pedal tames transient spikes and harsh highs relative to other such pedals I've owned which I found myself running compressors before them reminds me of the differences between the clutches on an old Volvo (minute range/unforgiving) and Mazda (smooth range/very forgiving). While you can make both work for you with enough care, why not go the smooth and forgiving route?
As an owner of two Mazda cars that have been equipped with clutches, because if you have the clutch cable go out you might have to wait 9 months for a new batch to be manufactured in Japan and shipped to the US before you can drive your car again!

Of course, that has nothing to do with the quality of the micro-tron IV vs other autowahs
Jon S. liked this
 #172678  by Darkstar860

^ LOL what in the great tarnation is a going on here :lol: :lol:

Micron... and clutches ? hehe

:lol: :lol: :lol:
 #172690  by Darkstar860

The internal pots I think adjust the sensitivity of the effect. I may mark it and take a picture and then mess with the pots for shits n giggles. Curious.

-Walt B
 #172691  by Jon S.

I'm wondering whether the unit's not working well enough for your tastes in its default settings or are you just curious what the trim pots do? I ask because I'm an inveterate tinkerer, too, but this is one piece of gear that worked for me perfectly right out of the box.

P.S. Our forum pics are brahs. :wink:
 #172694  by Darkstar860

Jon S. wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:01 am I'm wondering whether the unit's not working well enough for your tastes in its default settings or are you just curious what the trim pots do? I ask because I'm an inveterate tinkerer, too, but this is one piece of gear that worked for me perfectly right out of the box.

P.S. Our forum pics are brahs. :wink:
Just curious.

And thank you Yodasfro for the links :-)

-Walt B