#172529  by Tacosauce

Hiya.

So, went out and picked up a MuTron Octavider +. Been messing with the thing a bit this am. Anyone here have one and have some settings to suggest? Any advice for placement in the pedal chain? I'm running guitar->Keely white knob compressor-> Earth Drive-> FARM Boost of the Dead->phase 100-> MicroTron-> amp. Can't find anything online specific to settings/signal chain placement for this pedal, only the Boss ones.

So far I've been running it in front of the MicroTron, and it seems to like it- just curious if anyone else has found it to work for them in other places?

Sean
 #172543  by ej9901

I got an octavider+ a little under a month ago, and I've been running it after my drive section and before my QTron+ and modulation pedals. I haven't tried it anywhere else in my chain, but it seems to like where it is. As for settings, I have the stabilizer on, the ringer dimed, the fuzz at about 3 o'clock, the mix at about 2 o'clock, and the tone at around 1 o'clock. I use both the octave and fuzz both alone and together, so they aren't necessarily Jerry-specific settings, but when you add the envelope filter on top of the octave, it just sounds great.
 #172546  by Searing75

I use it first in my signal chain, followed directly by the Microtron IV. Don’t remember the settings, but I do know that it is not as easy to use as my Boss OC-2.
 #172556  by bzbz

Phrygian wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:55 am Forgive my ignorance but what songs feature Jerry using the octavider?
Boss octave was used for Stranger, and often in Dm jams in Uncle Johns, closing jam of LL Rain