#173329  by Feedback

Check out this video. Smokin' Amps builds a hand made recreation of the old Mu-Tron V. Not an optical circuit and you might need to goose it with some gain before it, but the demo sounds great. Also, the owner / builder Gabe is a very nice guy to deal with. Very reasonably priced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OBZMF-vZZI&t=235s
 #173336  by Jon S.

I posted previously on the Smokin' Amps env. filter but I can't remember if it was here or on TGP. I do recall that I got a response that the video I supplied demoing the pedal sounded distorted and not entirely Jerry-ish. I replied that without knowing more about the rest of the demo'ers' rig it's hard to judge the pedal fairly on these grounds. (Note - I'm pretty sure it was the same video linked to above.)

UPDATE re: the Micro-Tron IV I was having problems with and shipped back to Mu-Tron for review. I got a direct call from their tech Randy who was testing my pedal in real time on his bench. Randy was great. I really enjoyed speaking with him. He explained that upon opening up the pedal, some of the internally adjustable parameters were off spec, that this occurs occasionally when pedals are shipped, that he restored the settings to stock, and would be running some more tests on it with a guitar and amp (while on his bench, he had it running into his oscilliscope), and then Mu-Tron would ship it back to me. We also discussed the potential impacts of preceding the pedal with an always on buffer versus not doing so and how various preceding boosts can impact the pedal's output and tone. My already high opinion of Mu-Tron is now even a couple of notches higher.
 #173340  by Feedback

Yep, had a Micro III go down and Randy took care of it pronto. Good people. I have a Tru-Tron 3X I would consider selling. You can contact me through this site if interested.