#171239  by LazyLightning72

Hi folks,
Quick question and sorry didn’t really know where to post it.

I have a lot of microfiber cloths for cleaning purposes, but I was looking for something to dust off my guitars. They are all out on stands or on the wall and obviously get dusty. I worry just grabbing a microfiber cloth and trying to wipe them down from time to time could end up scratching. I’m looking to get a brush to dust them off only.

I was thinking a paint brush on the larger side, but not sure which is the softest. Anyone use one, or have another idea?

Thanks
Chris
 #171242  by Jon S.

StewMac's website says its soft brush is sold out. :(

Perhaps this instead? https://www.amazon.com/Detail-Factory-U ... 846&sr=8-2
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #171244  by Jon S.

Show some class. After you brush them off, give 'em a shave!

#171246  by LazyLightning72

Searing75 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:06 pm Keep them in their cases!

Thanks for the link Jon, I went to buy the brush from Stewmac and saw it out of stock. That brush you linked looks like it should work good too.

I prefer to keep mine out of their case, but I do see the benefit. I still need to get a hard shell case for my Eastwood Wolf.

Thanks for the help everyone
Jon S. liked this
 #171247  by Jon S.

LazyLightning72 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:28 am I still need to get a hard shell case for my Eastwood Wolf.
If your sense of humor is like mine :biggrin: , try a Coffin Case. Some of them are extra long and fit 25 1/2" scale guitars with large, ornate headstocks perfectly.

#171248  by LazyLightning72

Jon S. wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:48 pm
LazyLightning72 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:28 am I still need to get a hard shell case for my Eastwood Wolf.
If your sense of humor is like mine :biggrin: , try a Coffin Case. Some of them are extra long and fit 25 1/2" scale guitars with large, ornate headstocks perfectly.

Very very nice!
I like that a lot, I’ll have to look into those. Is there a manufacturer I should look for them at, or are they more of a generic piece sold anywhere?

Thanks!
 #171251  by Searing75

I feel strongly about keeping your guitars in their cases because I do repairs, and so often get guitars in that are covered in dust. The bridge, the tuners, switches, pots. Nightmare. Dust is the enemy with these fine instruments.
 #171254  by lbpesq

LazyLightning72 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:11 pm
Very very nice!
I like that a lot, I’ll have to look into those. Is there a manufacturer I should look for them at, or are they more of a generic piece sold anywhere?

Thanks!

The company is Coffin Cases. Looking around it appears they have a Facebook page, but no website. However, you can buy their cases through all the usual on line vendors.

Bill, tgo
 #171256  by Jon S.

I bought my Coffin Case new at my local GC. But that was before the pandemic and I've not returned to any GC since.
 #171263  by LazyLightning72

Thanks for bringing those cases to my attention, it will go on the to get list.

Back to the brushes,
My wife asked if a soft bristle paint brush would work?

Then I could get one a bit wider than the “guitar” brushes I have seen.

Thanks
Chris