#170905  by Jon S.

Maybe others are in the same position. Too much gear to reasonably justify anymore.

Yesterday, I boxed up and shipped off my FYD TR JG preamp to its new home outside Cleveland. It's a wonderful piece of gear, truly great sounding, but my days of Dead tribute bands are over (the bands I play with now are classic rock, generally, and originals, respectively) and I can no longer justify having 3 full Garcia-inspired rigs (guitars, preamps, power amps, and combo) sitting around with no individual piece being played too much anymore.

I know yet more sales are coming soon but I've got the hesitation blues now on what to list next. I think I need to finish my grieving over this first. :(
 #170908  by Jon S.

Oh, I'll be keeping, when I'm done, TWO full Dead rigs. But I can no longer justify 3.
 #170919  by Jon S.

I’ll guess I’m older than you.

There is a time fo gathering and a time for lightening - a time for everything under the sun.
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #170932  by Jon S.

Actually, I was referencing the original version. :wink:
 #170963  by aiq

I hear you, Jon.

I have been moving some things out a bit. Not really interested in vocal music anymore. Trying to revive the idea behind my old instrumental trio, sort of on a continuum from Kimock instrumental to the kind of jazz I like: Coltrane, Miles, modes, odd pentatonics, quartal harmonies.

I still love a Fender tube amp into a JBL but I am also exploring the VHT D50. Guitar wise mostly Tele, LP, and the Howard Robert lawsuit clone.

Down to “only” three amps.

Just visiting here today for some nostalgia.
Jon S. liked this