#170159  by Jon S.

Here's what I'm contemplating for starters (RIGHT TO LEFT. I have everything already but the delay (the Micro-Tron IV, of course, is on order but I'm counting that as in hand for design purposes). I'm looking for a single pedal with the option of at least 2 easily "toggle-able" delays and tap tempo. Everyone's suggestions so far have been great. Yours are superb! So if you have a delay suggestion, I'm all ears. :musicsmile:

Pegasus Boost ← Delay ← Boss BF-2 ← Boss CH-1 ← Drivetrain 2 ← Fulldrive 2 ← Micro-Tron IV ← Doozy Boost

BTW, the Doozy Boost is intended primarily for guitars without onboard 'Blasters. I have my Fulldrive set up now with both the drive (no comp cut) and boost engaged for Duane Allman-style slide. The Drivetrain is set up for cleaninsh overdrive (but it's incredibly versatile for when I want stronger overdrives). The Boss CH-1 is your basic chorus. As choruses go, it's relatively mild with a more pronounced high end swirl than Boss's CE-5. I'm hoping I can set up the flanger as my default "B3-ish" organ tone together with me working my guitar's volume control for the swells. And the Pegasus Boost, itself a "Blaster-derivative," is for when I just want MORE.
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #170162  by wabisabied

@wpmartin1979 how do you like those pedal button toppers?

@Jon S. I’ve been using a Pigtronix Echolution 2 for a few years and like it. Tap tempo and what seems like limitless presets accessible via foot switch, which I barely use. Mostly I keep it pretty transparent, though it does sweeten the tone some. Other delays I’ve used bothered me with weird artifacts in the decay, this pedal does not. Large footprint and 18v might be downsides for you.
 #170165  by wpmartin1979

wabisabied wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:49 pm @wpmartin1979 how do you like those pedal button toppers?
I really like them and find them quite necessary, especially for the Mutron pedals which have two buttons really close to each other. The “tall boy” ones are key because the different height helps you hit just the one button and really helps with back row pedals as well. These are all barefoot buttons. Only down side is sometimes you can’t see the led on your pedal.
They make clear:transparent buttons to remedy that but I just bought a used lot of them off reverb so no transparent ones for me.
wabisabied liked this
 #170166  by wpmartin1979

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:49 pm
wpmartin1979 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 pm
That’s a sweet board yo..... Heavy artillery :rockon:
Thanks man it’s been quite a passionate journey for me, but I’m finally done. Just put in some 1950s NOS Made in USA Tung Sols into the Blackbird and Beekeeper and the board really came to life! The Earth drive runs through the tube bypass on those things and just kills. The Fuzz is so good on the Mutron Octivider + that I don’t need the Solar Flare.
Gr8fulCadi liked this
 #170174  by Jon S.

If I may so inquire, what pedalboard and power supply are you using? And is your power supply attached below your pedalboard, and if so, how?
 #170175  by wpmartin1979

Jon S. wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:48 am If I may so inquire, what pedalboard and power supply are you using? And is your power supply attached below your pedalboard, and if so, how?
For that rig I am using a pedal train classic jr. with a TrueTone CS12 power supply. The TrueTone comes with mounting hardware to attach to pedaltrain boards. The CS 12 is compatible with classic Jr and larger boards. It is a damn good power supply, true isolation, options for 9,12 or 18V and a variety of amperage capacities for each voltage. I have zero noise issues.
Jon S. liked this
 #170177  by Jon S.

You motivated me, after nearly a decade of using just a Line 6 M13, to throw my old and new pedals (minus the Micro-Tron IV that's on order now) back onto a board. FWIW, this is what I threw together. And, indeed, the Boss T-Wah is inadequate for Jerry tone (to put it charitably!).

#170178  by Jon S.

BTW, I'm having a problem with my HubBub Stage Pro. Does anything like this happen to you?

When the Stage Pro's powered (for the LEDs) and I'm plugged into the Jerry guitar input and OBEL with nothing plugged into the Aux, the unit works fine.

But then when I footswitch to Aux, it buzzes horribly.

The buzzing stops when I pull the input power.

I have an email with a demonstration video into Godfrey Daniels now but thought I'd check with you, too. Thanks.
 #170179  by wpmartin1979

Jon S. wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:04 pm BTW, I'm having a problem with my HubBub Stage Pro. Does anything like this happen to you?

When the Stage Pro's powered (for the LEDs) and I'm plugged into the Jerry guitar input and OBEL with nothing plugged into the Aux, the unit works fine.

But then when I footswitch to Aux, it buzzes horribly.

The buzzing stops when I pull the input power.

I have an email with a demonstration video into Godfrey Daniels now but thought I'd check with you, too. Thanks.
Jon, the Voodoo Labs Power Plus 2 is a great power supply but it is “linear”. This means you should keep it as far away from your pedals as you can and never under your pedals because it will create a hum. It is isolated, but it is not a “switch mode” power supply like the newer Truetones and Strymons. Etc. they use different transformers.
I’m not sure if this is you issue, but it could be. Here is a video that discusses the issues that linear supplies can cause when they are close to your pedals:

https://youtu.be/QEex3z-hcXg

He talks about it around the 7 minute mark.

Good luck, hope this helps!
Gr8fulCadi liked this
 #170181  by Jon S.

wpmartin1979 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:18 pm Jon, the Voodoo Labs Power Plus 2 is a great power supply but it is “linear”. This means you should keep it as far away from your pedals as you can and never under your pedals because it will create a hum. It is isolated, but it is not a “switch mode” power supply like the newer Truetones and Strymons. Etc. they use different transformers.
I’m not sure if this is you issue, but it could be.
Interesting. Thanks for the tip. If this is the issue, I don't know why it would be occurring ONLY with the HubBub Stage Pro and ONLY under the limited condition I described. I will, though, later or tomorrow, try powering the Stage Pro alone with a Neunaber Micro Power Adapter and see if that changes anything.
 #170182  by wpmartin1979

Jon S. wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:46 pm
wpmartin1979 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:18 pm Jon, the Voodoo Labs Power Plus 2 is a great power supply but it is “linear”. This means you should keep it as far away from your pedals as you can and never under your pedals because it will create a hum. It is isolated, but it is not a “switch mode” power supply like the newer Truetones and Strymons. Etc. they use different transformers.
I’m not sure if this is you issue, but it could be.
Interesting. Thanks for the tip. If this is the issue, I don't know why it would be occurring ONLY with the HubBub Stage Pro and ONLY under the limited condition I described. I will, though, later or tomorrow, try powering the Stage Pro alone with a Neunaber Micro Power Adapter and see if that changes anything.
Or just unplug it and try it since it doesn’t need to be plugged in to work