#170138  by Jon S.

I'm on a new kick - inspired by RUKIND's recent threads on a variety of vintage gear - pulling old gear that I haven't used in decades from my parts drawers and giving them a fresh spin.

Next up are a trio of Boss pedals I bought new in the '80's (1st two) and '90's (3rd):

- TW-1 T-Wah (auto-wah)
- BF2 Flanger
- CH1 Super Chorus (original analog version)

Curious if anyone here's using any of these now (or have in the past) and, if yes, what did you think of them?

Searing75 liked this
 #170139  by PaulJay

Hi Jon, would be curious to hear your review on the T-Wah.
Thanks Paul
 #170140  by Searing75

I used the Boss AW2 way back when I first started searching for that Jerry filter tone. It was a gift from my brother one Christmas. It was decent, but I had difficulties with the harsh, ice pick highs it produced at the top of its range.
 #170141  by perljam

I remember the T-wah not cutting it for Jerry tones, but that was a long time ago...
 #170142  by Jblue76

I used to have the T wah— loved it. Had such an open air sound if memory serves. Didn’t do it on its own for me as a mutron replacement, but for a while I also had a keeley neutrino and when the T was in front of the neutrino and both were engaged, the tone and feel of the envelope was awesome. I sort of wish I could A/B that combo with the microtron.