#169601  by lbpesq

Harpur College/SUNY Binghamton! Ever stop at the Roscoe Diner on old Route 17 on the way from the City? Best french toast on the planet! My brother and a good friend went to school there and attended the all time classic show in Spring of 1970.

Bill, tgo

And here’s me, circa 1977, just after I cut off my ponytail. This was going to be the cover of my first album!
wabisabied liked this
 #169602  by Jon S.

lbpesq wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:35 am Harpur College/SUNY Binghamton! Ever stop at the Roscoe Diner on old Route 17 on the way from the City? Best french toast on the planet! My brother and a good friend went to school there and attended the all time classic show in Spring of 1970.

Bill, tgo
Have I ever stopped at the Roscoe Diner?! Why only as often as I winter camped in Catskill Park and fished the Beaverkill!

Nice 'fro, BTW. I did like you - cut off my long hair and shifted to a 'fro (that then itself evolved, as documented below). I suppose it was the times. For a couple of years, my friends actually called me Don Brewer (Grand Funk's drummer)!

And the red eyes in both pictures, but especially the second, are due to allergies. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :lol:

wabisabied, ssmug, phpbb liked this
 #169605  by lbpesq

Around the same time as the Jewfro, I had a job making brass, copper, and nickel silver bracelets and selling them on Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley. One day someone came by who insisted I was Magic Dick from the J. Geils Band.

And yea, I had a lot of allergies too. Still have 'em.

hehehehe

Bill, tgo
Jon S. liked this
 #169611  by wabisabied

Bill, you look downright biblical in that 'fro pic! Something about the light and your expression. Jon yours are epic, too. I had some frizz/curl, but nothing like you guys. In spring of 1977 I was living in Clarence Center, NY, outside Buffalo, and wrapping up the second grade. I had no idea what was going on right down the road!

And speaking of allergy medicine, my latest otc remedy is called Deadhead OG. Good stuff.
Gr8fulCadi, Jon S. liked this
 #169622  by lbpesq

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:58 pm We’ve come a long way....I can now go to the corner store and get allergies legally now!! It’s wonderful!! 8)

I don't mean to be tooting my own horn, but I have a unique perspective on cannabis reform as I am a co-author of California's Prop 215, the law that started cannabis reform in this country back in 1996. Watching how it's played out over the last 1/4 century (did I really just write that!) has been a mind blower!

Bill, tgo
Gr8fulCadi, wabisabied, Jon S. and 1 others liked this
 #169629  by Searing75

How about The Blue Dolphin Diner just off exit 66 outside of Binghamton? It’s our favorite place to stop when traveling through that area. Not sure if it dates back to the 70’s, but I do know it was there in the mid 90’s while I attended St. Bonaventure University.
 #169630  by Jon S.

I don’t recall the Blue Dolphin but I pigged out plenty at the renowned Perkins Pancakes!
 #169645  by Searing75

Anyone else have to log in each time they visit the forum?