#163041  by Poor Peter

I apologize in advance as I know this has been kicked around many times on this forum, but Im piecing together a Jerry rig. Ive committed to buy some beyma libertys along with a jerry modded fyd preamp and a mosvalve 962. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
 #163045  by strumminsix

Poor Peter wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:59 pm I apologize in advance as I know this has been kicked around many times on this forum, but Im piecing together a Jerry rig. Ive committed to buy some beyma libertys along with a jerry modded fyd preamp and a mosvalve 962. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Why are you choosing this route vs SMS + Mac + JBL? Sure, what you described will make a nice rig but unsure of your strategy...
 #163046  by Poor Peter

strumminsix wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:42 pm
Poor Peter wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:59 pm I apologize in advance as I know this has been kicked around many times on this forum, but Im piecing together a Jerry rig. Ive committed to buy some beyma libertys along with a jerry modded fyd preamp and a mosvalve 962. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Why are you choosing this route vs SMS + Mac + JBL? Sure, what you described will make a nice rig but unsure of your strategy...
It just kinda worked out this way honestly. It fit my budget as well. I was able to trade for the FYD, the Libertys are local to me, so I know they are in good shape and the mosvalve was relatively inexpensive. I should also add that Im just wanting to get in the ballpark as opposed to the perfect Jerry tone. The FYD seemed to get good reviews on here as did the mosvalve. The opinions on the Beymas seem a little more divided. Ive been plugging in direct to a Super Reverb RI that gets me in the neighborhood in the lower register and just wanna up my game a bit to something more consistent as I have a love/hate relationship with that amp from night to night. Im not very tech minded either so I suspect I will be back on here in a couple of weeks asking how to hook all this up so I don't damage something in the process lol. So having said all that I probably should have posed the question a little differently. Will this route work? Is there anything Im missing from the technical side of things.
 #163054  by strumminsix

Gotcha!!!

Yes! This rig will deliver that BIG Fender clean sound that is very popular with tone associated with Jerry, steel players, etc. How close to emulate Jerry, only your ears can say that. But it's a great setup and if it worked well for your logistics, then even better. IMO TubeWorks/MosValve poweramps are one of the best for guitarists. But they color more than Macs and other poweramps.
 #163062  by Poor Peter

strumminsix wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:31 am Gotcha!!!

Yes! This rig will deliver that BIG Fender clean sound that is very popular with tone associated with Jerry, steel players, etc. How close to emulate Jerry, only your ears can say that. But it's a great setup and if it worked well for your logistics, then even better. IMO TubeWorks/MosValve poweramps are one of the best for guitarists. But they color more than Macs and other poweramps.
Thank you for your response. At the very least I had hoped it would be a good starting point.