#163094  by playingdead

Gr8fulCadi, ac4468 and 1 others liked this
 #163121  by playingdead

These were done back in 2009 or so so my memory is hazy on the mic. I worked on them with the engineer who designed the Atomic CLR speaker -- I did the sweeps and used the pencil condenser mic I had on hand that he felt was the flattest response possible and sent him multiple positions and versions -- it was not the mic in the photo, it was a pencil mic. I remember comparing the resulting IR in my own studio against the real cabinet and it was damn near impossible to tell the difference in the room.

When I run these in the AX8 I use Fractal's IR of a Sennheiser 421 for the cab mic.

The result may not be the same high-resolution IR that can be made today, it was whatever was the state of the art in 2009. I used a utility to convert these from the original AxeFX format to the AxeFX II format a few years ago. I don't have them in WAV format although I might have the actual unedited sweeps lurking on a hard drive somewhere. I suppose they could be regenerated at a higher resolution but I'm pretty sure he did some editing on the start and end points of the sweeps I sent him.
 #163123  by strumminsix

playingdead wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 am These were done back in 2009 or so so my memory is hazy on the mic. I worked on them with the engineer who designed the Atomic CLR speaker -- I did the sweeps and used the pencil condenser mic I had on hand that he felt was the flattest response possible and sent him multiple positions and versions -- it was not the mic in the photo, it was a pencil mic. I remember comparing the resulting IR in my own studio against the real cabinet and it was damn near impossible to tell the difference in the room.

When I run these in the AX8 I use Fractal's IR of a Sennheiser 421 for the cab mic.

The result may not be the same high-resolution IR that can be made today, it was whatever was the state of the art in 2009. I used a utility to convert these from the original AxeFX format to the AxeFX II format a few years ago. I don't have them in WAV format although I might have the actual unedited sweeps lurking on a hard drive somewhere. I suppose they could be regenerated at a higher resolution but I'm pretty sure he did some editing on the start and end points of the sweeps I sent him.
Thanks man! That's really cool. I remember when you were AB'ing them. And were getting great tones!

I'm running a Helix so need the WAV. I'll try the Red Wire or OWnhammer who both have D120 with MD421 which should get me in the ballpark for tones I'm looking for. THANKS!
 #169206  by wfrobinette

playingdead wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:10 am E120s: http://playingdead.net/vic/01E120.syx

K110s: http://playingdead.net/vic/02K110.syx

Thanks for posting.

I found some software that will convert these to wav files for other platforms. The software is called axe o matic and is no longer supported but you can find it out there in zip format.

PM me your e-mail and I'll send the tiny wave files your way.