#161464  by Erbis

Not sure if there is something nefarious going on or if it is a bug with the site, but I tried logging into the site on my once and was told in bright red letters, that I had exceeded the amount of log in attempts and thus had to also complete the captcha...is this a system bug that everyone deals with from time to time, or is this a case where someone for some crazy reason wants to hack into my little ol account here? I really would like to know the answer to this question... anyone else have this issue? It doesn't happen every time which leads me to question whether it's a bug issue...I'm sorry if this ist the appropriate forum for the question but I know it is a place that people will see this as it pertains to everyone... thanks
 #161465  by TI4-1009

I've never gotten the message. I check the "keep me logged in" box and rarely have to log in.
Erbis liked this
 #161466  by Erbis

Good to know...there is really nothing to gain by someone hacking my account that I can see if that is going on but I felt like I would ask just to see people's opinions...it struck me as odd bc I hadn't repeatedly tried to log in with an incorrect password
 #161467  by Gr8fulCadi

It’s done it to me in the past and it just did it now while signing in ironically. I’m gonna follow the above advice and stayed logged in. Either way, rock on!! :cool:
Erbis liked this
 #161468  by old man down

As I have been doing the WGSJ, where I would come back on to the site over, and over, I'd get the captcha request all the time. (I had exceeded my log on attempts in too short a time.)

Just this morning, getting on right now, it happened, and I hadn't been on since yesterday. So, yes it may be nefarious because it does ask you to register if you are not a member.

The captcha is always the same question, and a slightly tricky question since it requires a possessive answer.

However, this is hardly the security scare that really scares me. The one that really scares me is when I have cleared out my History on my Mac and instead of coming in through Yahoo!, I try to come in through the top of my Mac type-in section. I type r, then u, and it will start to self populate, and I'll see rukind of some sort show up, so I'll click on it. And a warning page will appear that the site I am about to enter is not a secure site, and is pretending to be rukind. It asks the question, do I want to continue?

So, I just close everything down and maybe even clear some more History, and then I come in through Yahoo! in the more familiar manner.

Whenever I look at the bottom of a page at this site, when I'm logged on, to see whoever else is on, I always see things like Goog [Bot] (or something), and someone else (a real user), and 0 or 1, or 2 guests. So, there are security concerns, and you just have to be vigilant, and take a little personal responsibility for your security by using common sense, and by going the extra effort to insure that you have gone far enough.

Friends have told me, just general knowledge for the Internet, to clear your computer's History every night. Maybe not a bad idea.
 #161471  by rugger

I've been getting security warnings as well at home on my Mac--"this site is not secure."

Actually, looking at the top of my browser now at work I see that the site is not secure here as well.

I don't know....admins?

john in san diego
 #161473  by TI4-1009

old man down wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:45 am
Whenever I look at the bottom of a page at this site, when I'm logged on, to see whoever else is on, I always see things like Goog [Bot] (or something), and someone else (a real user), and 0 or 1, or 2 guests. So, there are security concerns, and you just have to be vigilant, and take a little personal responsibility for your security by using common sense, and by going the extra effort to insure that you have gone far enough.
Those bots are always scouring the web- that's how google and the other search engines harvest their info for links.
 #161497  by old man down

strumminsix wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:18 pm it's bot protection. it actually stops the bots from trying repeatedly to guess your password or being locked out needing admin help. best of both worlds.

unsure why anyone is not on an https session. should be. try replacing your bookmark with: https://community.rukind.com/
Thanks for the Heads Up!