#160293  by gratefulredhead
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 am
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 am
That's why it's good to read. Jerry liked the 25.5 scale length of Stratocasters and that is the reason he had his custom guitars built with 25.5 scale length. :wink:
I do read...a lot. In fact I read online that it was 25". No need to be a snarky ass pal.
 #160295  by hippieguy1954
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:01 pm
gratefulredhead wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 am
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 am
That's why it's good to read. Jerry liked the 25.5 scale length of Stratocasters and that is the reason he had his custom guitars built with 25.5 scale length. :wink:
I do read...a lot. In fact I read online that it was 25". No need to be a snarky ass pal.
I don't think you red Waldo's posts on the subject and where he got the info.
Calling me names will get you the grand prize of a big GO FUCK YOURSELF.
 #160298  by gratefulredhead
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 pm
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:01 pm
gratefulredhead wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 am
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 am
That's why it's good to read. Jerry liked the 25.5 scale length of Stratocasters and that is the reason he had his custom guitars built with 25.5 scale length. :wink:
I do read...a lot. In fact I read online that it was 25". No need to be a snarky ass pal.
I don't think you red Waldo's posts on the subject and where he got the info.
Calling me names will get you the grand prize of a big GO FUCK YOURSELF.
What a little sweetie! Thanks!
 #160300  by waldo041
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:50 pm
ac4468 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:15 am
If you check the Wolf page on Dozin as well as on the Gurnsey auction site, it appears that in Irwin's own words "The string scale is 25". While I ( and most builders) use 25.5" scale. I think the 25" scale is indeed correct. I used the best flat perspective picture I could find to scale the width of the SDS-1 to the scale length and it is definitely closer to the 25" mark.

Edit: While the scale to me appears to be 25" based on the midpoint, it seems to be intonated with the bridge and saddles so far back that the overall length from nut to saddles is closer to 25.5" I'd love to see a VERY hi-def picture to see what the real deal is!
My specs of Wolf are not based on pictures. They are actual measurements from THE Wolf.

~waldo
 #160301  by hippieguy1954
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:58 pm
:D
gratefulredhead wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 pm
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:01 pm
gratefulredhead wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 am


I do read...a lot. In fact I read online that it was 25". No need to be a snarky ass pal.
I don't think you red Waldo's posts on the subject and where he got the info.
Calling me names will get you the grand prize of a big GO FUCK YOURSELF.
What a little sweetie! Thanks!
Calling names = personal problem Crawl back in your hole :D
 #160302  by gratefulredhead
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:09 pm
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:58 pm
:D
gratefulredhead wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 pm
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:01 pm


I don't think you red Waldo's posts on the subject and where he got the info.
Calling me names will get you the grand prize of a big GO FUCK YOURSELF.
What a little sweetie! Thanks!
Calling names = personal problem Crawl back in your hole :D
To recap.
I politely disagreed with you. I was wrong. I politely took responsibility for being wrong, because I am not afraid to be wrong. You replied with a post that was condescending, snarky and unnecessary. I called you out on it. You became angry and told me to fuck myself. You aren't man enough to own your rude, out of line behavior.
I am consistently polite and kind on this forum. A quick search of your posts shows a pattern of rude, aggressive, angry behavior.

You clearly have an anger management problem, so I am considering blocking future posts from you. That makes me sad because when you aren't behaving poorly you have plenty of interesting and insightful things to say.
 #160305  by hippieguy1954
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:41 pm
Oh, ok. I politely disagree with you also. That makes everything else you say ok, right?
You are twisting the truth and further attacking me with more accusations.
I was trying to help you by telling you to read. You obviously did not read Waldo's posts and do not take suggestions very well.
What, are you 15 yrs old? Calling me rude, aggressive, angry and out of line? I have learned, shared and contributed a lot here.
I do not care if you block me. You have contributed nothing here but have learned a lot.
You obviously do not know what it means to be a man, if you have to accuse another of not being man enough. That is sad.