#149424  by slatelacy

Any suggestions for a rack mount reverb unit that would work well with the SMS?? I just want a little more flexibility.
 #149428  by skajellafetty

I use a Lexicon MX200... it's great (& quiet / clean). Mostly for verb / delay & all the fx are very good but I use other fx gear anyway. It also has 4 routing options at push of a button & you can have some interesting setups.
 #149429  by lovetoboogie

The Lexicon stuff is obviously great, and high quality. But there is a bit of digital chatter in the decay, as well as a lack of drive that you cannot get without a real transducer driven spring tank...

This is amazing if you want to go big.... http://www.demeteramps.com/index.php?ro ... duct_id=79

Weir used a Furman RV-1 for a while... http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg
 #149439  by Searing75

Do you know that there are other presets on the SMS reverb? Open it up, and have a look. Many options. Not sure how many reverbs, but I think there are a few. I could do some research, and let you know.
 #172618  by lbpesq

I had the Demeter reverb when I had my big stereo rack. A great unit, but a bit more than I needed. With my current mini rack, (which is now taking a back seat to my Quilter Aviator Mach 3), an Alembic F-2B pre into a Carvin DCM200L, I use a TC Electronics HOF Mini reverb with the toneprints feature. Works fine for my needs (just a little taste of ‘verb).

Bill, tgo
 #172634  by NeilG1

Darkstar860 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:49 pm Yeah I just got a SMS CTP and im curious as well., but I dont want to open it up unless this is really a thing.

-Walt B
SMS has a digital hall reverb card inside. If you open it up, you'll see the card is sort of hovering above the main board, attached to a plug (I don't have the knowledge to know the name of this plug! It's a multi-pin somethingorother). I have been told that you can actually buy other digital reverb cards that will have the same plug and can swap them, but I've never tried this so don't take my word for it - check closer before wrecking an incredible preamp!

I actually love the stock reverb in the SMS, in spite of generally going for a spring sound.

In terms of others, I don't know of any good rack reverbs. However, for spring reverb, the VanAmps Solemate pedal (actually a full spring tank in large pedal format) is incredible. And, in my humble opinion, a Strymon Flint has the most otherworldly-to-die-for reverb and tremolos I've ever played. Quite possibly my favourite pedal period. YMMV.
strumminsix liked this
 #172636  by tdcrjeff

NeilG1 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:17 pm
Darkstar860 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:49 pm Yeah I just got a SMS CTP and im curious as well., but I dont want to open it up unless this is really a thing.

-Walt B
SMS has a digital hall reverb card inside. If you open it up, you'll see the card is sort of hovering above the main board, attached to a plug (I don't have the knowledge to know the name of this plug! It's a multi-pin somethingorother). I have been told that you can actually buy other digital reverb cards that will have the same plug and can swap them, but I've never tried this so don't take my word for it - check closer before wrecking an incredible preamp!
Waldo was offering an alternate reverb card in the past, no idea if he still does. I don't see it mentioned on his site.
 #172638  by Darkstar860

Very very interesting. I like the stock reverb and I also have a Danelectro Spring Reverb. So I think im good for now, but its very interesting that this SMS can be upgraded to another card.

-Walt B