#131296  by BigBoyPete

SLESS IS MORE! I love Barry's tone and playing soooo much, He is one of my favorite Phil Lesh Friends. Any and all of this info might be inaccurate but I am pretty sure about most of it. He plays through a Two-Rock Custom Reverb (version unknown). As far as guitars go he has been a Scott Walker man for quite a while. I know he has a "Walker Special" and and "atrezzo". I'm not sure about pickups, but Lollars are my best guess. I know that he uses/used the original Q-Tron and also uses a Blues Driver. Barry is the Man and so is Scott (RUKIND member)
 #131297  by tigerstrat

Yea, it's one of the newer Q-Trons in the smaller case. I've also seen him use the Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble.
 #131302  by JustinJohn

A couple months ago my band and I had the distinct honor of jamming an entire set with Barry - super nice, humble guy...

I'm not sure about the finer details, but Barry uses a Two Rock amp and Walker guitars. He also had an Earth Drive pedal that was being used by both his walkers and pedal steel.

#131303  by tcsned

Barry is the man! He was playing with Phil and Friends when I saw him at the 2005 NYE run. He also played with The Lone Starlets that my bluegrass band opened for back in the early 90s. They did Western swing and was front by a smoking hot sax player and guitarist. I think he only played pedal steel with them.
 #131385  by cmc64

All I know is that one of the Walker guitars has a DiMarzio Super 2 "single coil" in it. I am guessing the middle position but I do not know for sure.
 #131591  by zambiland

Barry is a great player and great guy! I did a few of tours with him with Great American Taxi ca. 2008-09. He had 3 Walker guitars at the time, although I don't remember a lot of the details. He brought a couple different ones out along with the Two Rock, but ended up using my modded Strat and Showman/K120 for most of the tours we did. He sounded great through that setup. I might have some recordings somewhere as I multi-tracked a lot of the GAT shows.

I miss playing with him. I always thought we hit it off pretty well.
 #132966  by gr8fullfred

I was lucky enough to catch MoonAlice at the Levon Ramble Studio in Woodstock
NY 9/28/13. Here is a pic of Barry's pedal board. This is his "full" pedal board, he also has a smaller version that he uses for smaller stages, or possibly when the main board is in transit. Once again, I will recommend that you might want to catch MoonAlice if they are playing near you. Image
 #132980  by tigerstrat

I've been a fan of those Sex Drives for a few years now... right next to the Earth Drive!

Did he ever recover the red ESP Strat that was stolen years ago?? (I wanna say the '03-'05 range)