#164022  by jester536

Playing Dead rehearsal...good to know you guys are somewhat human. I was beginning to think you just got together at gigs and everything sounded just exactly perfect/ :lol:
Actually just read through this entire post...lots of good info from way back.
I just had some troubles with my old Ultra and recently upgraded. Felt I didn't need the power of the III and the old II XL+ was at a great price. Then my old GCP started acting up and felt that the best backup would be an AX8. I'm in hog heaven. I was never very adept at programming the old Ultra from the front panel...USB connections for both of the new units and Edit software make tweaking things very easy.
I would have never gone this route if it weren't for all of Vic's help and am more happy with this choice than ever before. Hopefully this thread will stay alive for the new converts and us old folks that are forever trying to get things "just exactly perfect". Happy New Year to all.
 #165012  by WokeUpDead

I picked up an AX8 yesterday and after reading through this entire thread and some others online I've dialed in quite a nice Jerry tone. I still have much tweaking to do particularly with effects but I have a couple of gigs this weekend and not much time. Looking for some guidance.

1. How do I set this up so the OBEL works? I've seen reference but I can't seem to make heads or tails of it. I'm thinking it has to do with how the parameters are set on the scene?
2. If I'm looking for the phaser sound Jerry used on Waiting for a miracle where is a good place to start? Same thing with Dear Prudence.
3. Which Overdrives are best for say 1980 spring tour and then early 90s tone?

Thanks!