#145715  by hippieguy1954
 Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:05 am
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with adding a VU meter unit to a Mc2100. I know this is a "long shot", but someone might know. I've done a bunch of research and they range in price from $100 up to $2000. I realise that the very high end ones are for audiophiles home stereo systems etc. or technical measurements.
All I want to see is what the amp is doing and the VU meter will tell me very quickly. It's not something I would carry anywhere, but would be nice to have.
I'm thinking about trying one of these Realistic ones.
It connects to the speaker outputs along with the speakers.

My question is, which I can't find the answer to so far, will hooking it up to the speaker outputs on the Mc2100 change the ohms the amp is seeing?

#145727  by Jon S.
 Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:15 pm
As long as we're revisiting a cool old thread, thought I'd add a personal observation/insight which is, on my own MC50, I find the tone noticeably more organic and complex with the gain on the amp up to near half and the guitar's volume way down (otherwise, I don't know about others' MC50s but mine would peel the paint off the walls) than with the guitar's volume up but amp at a quarter or less (to control the volume).
 #145729  by RiseandFall
 Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:21 pm
Jon,
I've been going round and round with gain structure for about a year now.
Currently I'm doing what you are...sort of.
I have the mac 50%, the SMS at about 2:00 and the guitar volume about 4/5ths of the way up.
But I go back and forth a whole lot.