#102620  by jeager

I posted this question under another topic already and i know it has been explored somewhat in the past so my apologies for that first of all but I did not think people would see it so here goes...

I am curious to find out what single coil alternatives come close to a split super II. I want to use a hum canceling single coil in the middle position of my strat and get as close as i can to the sound of a coil split super II.

What characteristics of the super II split to single coil really matter most? output, resistance etc?
 #102629  by Counterstriker

Hiya, I was also looking for a single coil that could pull the jerry thing off well, and when I got my Carvin with the AP11 in the middle seem to pull a great jerry off. Here this is some of my playing. Through two seperate rigs.

(the first video I use the neck humbucker a little bit with the wah)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWCy7MdO ... ideo_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8sn97mmYw

Next Week I'll have that running through a JBL

I feel Carvin pickups do the job and are versatile.

Good luck!
 #102633  by Counterstriker

I do actually get some hum with it :/ but It's much less then my strat, I feel like it's louder in my fender twin then the bluesmaster. but maybe that has something to do with the fact it's just the preamp. But like I said I'm getting the e120 next week along with traceys cab (1x12 he ships tomorrow! :cool: ) along with a QSC gx3. For my portable jerry rig (John Kadlecik inspired!)

Hope that help! But it's a great pickup. The carvin twinblades are a hotter, not sure how they sound.
 #102655  by jeager

Cool, i got one of Tracy's cabs and love it. I put a K120 and an Austin Speaker Works in it. Not exactly the Jerry thing but in the ball-park enough for most, I am just trying to get a little closer...
 #102671  by gdrfk1990

I don't know if it's like a split super 2 but I like the Dimarzio HS3 humbucking single coil I have it in the middle position of my old Warmoth strat I was thinking of uprading this guitar with 2 more and a Waldo Buffer.