#100668  by JustinJohn

Thanks for the kind words! =) I'm still learnin as much as I can and trying to shed a bunch of habits.

I'm not sure what kind of pickups are in my guitar. I believe they're stock and came with the guitar when it was manufactured, though I can't be sure. There's very very little info about Conn instruments on the intarweb, so your guess is as good as mine.

I plan on putting in a pair of Super 2s (bridge/middle) and waldos onboard system as soon as I can afford it. I'm gonna have to rout my guitar to do it (it's only setup for singlecoils at the moment), and Im not thrilled about messing with the actual wood... But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

=)
 #100692  by redeyedjim

Justin,

I love your tone and the fluidity of your playing!

Two questions for you about the SSP 2X12 cabinet:

1. How heavy/portable is it with the two 120E's? I'm getting ready to go that route myself -- just acquired the 120Es -- and am wavering between the 2X12 cabinet and two 1X12 cabinets. I'm a reasonably healthy guy with no back issues but I don't want to buy something I'll hate moving around.

2. Was the handle insert on your cabinet an upgrade, and if so, how much more was it? It looks a bit more comfortable than the stock routed wooden handle.

#100695  by JustinJohn

@ RedEyeJim

Thanks for the compliment! =)

As for the weight of the 2x12 cab - it's heavy. I'd say around 70lbs, I don't have a scale to be sure, but the speakers are 20lbs each and the shipping weight of the cab and the packaging contents/box was 40lbs. Despite it's weight it's fairly easy to maneuver. The dual handles make it much more manigable then my old twin combo with 1 handle - that and I picked up a colapsable hand-cart for lugging it around.

As for the handles - no upgrades - those are stock and are very strong and robust, not to mention they look killer!

=)
 #100696  by Pete B.

Sounds great, Justin.
Hey, just for the record, the tone you are getting in these clips does not invole the use of a Tribute Guitar, Dimarzio Super II Pickups, On Board Effect Loop, Unity Gain Buffer, or a McIntosh Solid State Amp.
Is that right?
:cool:
 #100697  by eric

Pete B. wrote:Sounds great, Justin.
Hey, just for the record, the tone you are getting in these clips does not invole the use of a Tribute Guitar, Dimarzio Super II Pickups, On Board Effect Loop, Unity Gain Buffer, or a McIntosh Solid State Amp.
Is that right?
great example of "the tone is in the hands " reference
jj:
I watched ur vids last night and was really taken back by your playing . (as I am with most people on this site) . I was really blown away by how talented you are.. Thanks for sharing that with us.
 #100700  by JustinJohn

Pete B. wrote:Sounds great, Justin.
Is that right?
Heya Pete!

Yea - just a neck-thru strat > singlecoils > unmodified 1971 Twin > JBLs... Period. Well, and the effects pedals. I really want the Super 2s / Obel-buffer... Im planning on going that route. As far as the Mac2300 ($3000 ouch!)... I need to win the lottery.
Eric wrote:I watched ur vids last night and was really taken back by your playing . (as I am with most people on this site)..."
Me too man! So many people on this site are freakin unbelievable players! It's really cool to be a part of this community, with all the wizardry going on.

=)