#165945  by Dark_Star94

I thought this was interesting because I was always under the impression Jerry ran played with little to no bass on his amp and cranked his treble all the way up. But according to Steve Parish Jerry ran his bass on his amp between 7-8 if you listen to this clip around 51:00 minutes in he speaks about it.

https://archive.org/details/BigSteveHour442019
 #165949  by joshq

Pointclear wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:20 pm I didn’t listen to the interview with Steve yet, but.... he must be speaking about the mid control, which Jerry ran at 6-7. Bass control at zero. Jerry can be heard referring to his mid control as his bass in some interviews
Yes, this!
 #166365  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Pointclear wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:20 pm I didn’t listen to the interview with Steve yet, but.... he must be speaking about the mid control, which Jerry ran at 6-7. Bass control at zero. Jerry can be heard referring to his mid control as his bass in some interviews
I agree. I hate to argue with big Steve, but he was absolutely pulling that out of his ass when he said Jerry set his bass on 8 and then went on to describe Jerry's tone and bass response. This isn't even a disputed fact other than the confusion this year when Steve said that stunningly, verifiably incorrect statement.

But Jerry for sure had his bass OFF as far back as we can tell. Jerry has referred to his Midrange knob as his bass control because it does dial in/out some lower midrange fullness. But Jerry's whole rig is about bass removal and treble push.

B
Pointclear, rugger liked this
 #166373  by tcsned

It may be confusion as I remember hearing Jerry once refer the the mid knob on his amp as the guitar's bass and the bass knob being not for guitar frequencies.