#165874  by tcsned

Mayer played Wolf last night and he sounded great! A 2 million dollar geetar into a $120k amp sounded pretty badass.

#165879  by Trecia

Fun show, and good to see the Wolf. I wish he had zeroed out the bass knob though. That guitar has so much more low end thump than the new PRS (594?) he’s been playing lately... sounded kinda mushy in places.

That said, the new PRS is actually one of my fav things about this years tour. The Dumble is decent but I still like the DRs into the JBLs. Now the Dumble jumped into an MC 50 and some K120s would probably be just too much. Prove me wrong!

“Mayer on the Fountain!”
Italia68 liked this
 #165880  by Italia68

JM did an interview with Big Steve recently for his show last week, and provides a lot of interesting commentary on his perspective about Jerry's playing. Really good stuff.
Trecia liked this
 #165882  by lightningbolt

Trecia wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:49 am Fun show, and good to see the Wolf. I wish he had zeroed out the bass knob though. That guitar has so much more low end thump than the new PRS (594?) he’s been playing lately... sounded kinda mushy in places.

That said, the new PRS is actually one of my fav things about this years tour. The Dumble is decent but I still like the DRs into the JBLs. Now the Dumble jumped into an MC 50 and some K120s would probably be just too much. Prove me wrong!

“Mayer on the Fountain!”
Last night was awesome. I was dead center about 20 feet from the stage. Mayer had the Dumble on stage with two DR's. I assume he was playing Wolf trough the DR's....why else have them out there?
 #165884  by Italia68

In this shot from Mayer's Instagram you can see both the Dumble and the Fender have input cables plugged in. He may have been switching from his pedalboard?
 #165888  by tcsned

Nope, I'm sure he not only doesn't have the cables for it, he's not used to dealing with it. I know I have to change output levels on drive pedals if I switch to a non-OBEL guitar. I'm sure he had enough variables in a high stress situation to add more to it :)
Bear62, joethepainter liked this
 #165892  by Trecia

What’s to stress? No one’s listening but us freaks and hippies!

That reminds me... I saw the take when they train-wrecked Box of Rain; I think from the same show with Wolf. John looked so annoyed and upset — which is fine, I’m sure I would be too — but the crowd just laughed it off and showed the love. To me that’s when JM really became part of the Dead community. What’s a Dead show without a few clams? I hope it shows them they can take risks and push the envelope a little more harmonically and stylistically. The audience is game.

Also glad they did a Phil tune — would love to see him sit in sometime.
tcsned, joethepainter liked this