#163789  by FOTM704

I bought a Hard Truckers 2x12 a couple months ago loaded with Tone Tubby Purple Haze speakers. At certain volumes and at certain frequencies the cabinet or speakers will rattle/buzz. Anyone experience this or know of a way to remedy this? I've tightened and loosened the aluminum brackets which hold the speakers onto the cab, but didn't seem to help much. Seems inherent in the design since the speakers are sitting on wood without a rubber gasket or other means of damping.

Thoughts?
 #163807  by lovetoboogie

Most cabs are prone to a rattle at resonant frequencies. You might find that it is doing it at certain notes or chords...

If is happening consistently through the range of the neck then you have a secondary issue.

You can troubleshoot it with a tone generator that sweeps from 50 cycles to say 8000. Once you recreate the rattle at the resonant frequency you can then come up with a solution.

They are online for free...

The hard truckers are glued and jointed very well so I can only assume your rattle is from hardware, back panel or speaker itself.
FOTM704 liked this
 #163818  by ac4468

If the recessed steel handles aren't seated well or tight they can vibrate at some frequencies. If that's the case, some electrical tape or a thin rubber gasket between the steel and the cabinet could help dampen in.