#68904  by jeffm725

Laytonco wrote:WTF? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Is this "what Jerry would do?" We're going to need an "I hate you" section before too long if we keep this up.

Peace,

Gil "Reginald Denny"
Well...since we are in the Cream Puff war zone, I am going to take issue with people with the "Is this what Jerry would do" BS (and Laytonco, dont take this personally, this is 15 years of hearing "what would Jerry do" pent up and about to unleash).........................

I always get a kick out of people who proscribe some type of hippie holiness to Jerry as if he were the moral guidepost of the 60's and hippiedom and leftism and whatver else people hang/hung on him. He wasn't any of those things, he was a deeply flawed man, as we all are.. (and he just so happened to be a GREAT guitar player).

When someone says "What would Jerry do" (or say, or act)........

I say that "Jerry would have smoked a speedball, said "Fuck off"; slammed the door in your face and then devoured his cheesesteak" ........ THAT is what Jerry would have done............
 #68907  by dleonard

Have we another Philly cat here? I wonder if he ever actually had one. You have me hankerin' one now.
 #68908  by jeffm725

I am not from Philly, but am from the Northeast and my 2 best friends are from Cherry Hill, NJ and Philly. I am intimately familiar with Cheeseteaks.(as my ever expanding waist line can attest)

Pats or Genos?
I take Pats. I love having a Pats (with) plus I love Pats cheese fries.

Also really enjoyed Jims steaks on south st. which brings me too......

Jerry was a confirmed cheesesteak aficionado. During the 86 spectrum run I was eating at Jim's steaks during the day when a tinted van pulled up and out came Jerry into Jims steaks for a DOUBLE Pizza Steak!
 #68909  by Chuckles

Well put, Jeff.
:cheers:

Especially since they wouldn't know Jerry from Fat Paul the Waxer; they were 8 and 10 years old and probably listening to Barney tunes when Jerry checked out.

I don't think these yoots really want to get into a flame war with me - it would definitely be against their better jugement... but since Gregg's taken the time to open the forum I'll reserve the option to do so... if they aren't afraid of being called out completely and totally on their incredibly arrogant self-centered crap they have posted here.

Personal? I've now been called a "doushbag" [sic], "a dick" and told to "eat shit". Which I walked away from, deciding to just let it ride. I didn't even begin to get personal, rather making generalizations about how you were acting ("like petulant little shits" I believe was the phrase - and you're both still at). Fuck, Pat, I even laughed at your "hanging" joke - it was another poster who made the comments about calling the authorities. If you want me to get personal, I'll be glad to oblige, but I hope you've got some hankies handy. I'll break it all down, and I'll break you two down. If you want.

To all: understand, folks, that I am in no way wanting to contribute to an aura of negativity and completely willing to chalk this all up to the usual "know it all" attitudes that 22 and 24 year olds have. We've all been there.

To the two kids: ball's in your court.
Last edited by Chuckles on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #68912  by hotasaPistol

there is a show where Jerry says to someone...maybe in the audience

"Now, Now Kids don't fight"...thats what Jerry would do...... :lol:

you guys remind me of my kids......quite entertaining and annoying at the same time

I take offense at who ever made the derogatory comment about 50 year old men.....I can still hold my own with the best of 'em......
......now them's fightin' words........

Carry on

Pistol
 #68921  by dleonard

You're right though, I have never seen Jerry. I was only 10 in 95....bummer. However, I did own American Beauty, In the Dark, Workingman's Dead, and Without a Net that my uncle taped for me, at the time.

There will be no more hostilities from me though.

Jeff, if you're ever in NE Philly and have a hankering, I will suggest Steve's Prince of Steaks, and get American (melted). Of the South Philly joints though, I agree on Pat's.
 #68925  by warrenMFKNhaynes

GratefulPat wrote:heat of the momemnt spellingr

Heat of the moment?

May I remind you that you typed that on and internet forum? :lol:

The only part I find entertaining is the Cream Puff War.
 #68927  by jlg327

+1 on Steve's Prince of Steaks. It's not shredded like the others, it's sliced and maybe that's part of it. And they have a vat of melted American Cheese. By far the best steak in Philly.

Then maybe D'Alessandro's.

I'd put Pat's on par with Tony Luke's and possibly Rick's (Rick's is sliced, but not as good as Steve's).

Then Jim's.

Then Geno's. Sorry Geno.

Who knew there were so many Philadelphians here?
 #68928  by jck_strw

Wow. A cheesesteak thread!!!

Another Philadelphiaian here (with a wife from Cherry Hill). Small world.

I'd go with Pat's as my choice. Rocco's in Reading Terminal Market for a hoagie. Ishkabibbles for cheese fries. Tastykakes from any Wawa. And a pretzel from whoever is selling them on the corner. :)
 #68929  by Chuckles

dleonard wrote:You're right though, I have never seen Jerry. I was only 10 in 95....bummer. However, I did own American Beauty, In the Dark, Workingman's Dead, and Without a Net that my uncle taped for me, at the time.

There will be no more hostilities from me though.

Jeff, if you're ever in NE Philly and have a hankering, I will suggest Steve's Prince of Steaks, and get American (melted). Of the South Philly joints though, I agree on Pat's.
That's cool by me. Ya didn't see 'em; and the reason I asked in the first place wasn't to "pull rank", but to try to understand your perspective vis a vis DSO.

And, yeah well, I'm a Steve's fan as well... so life can't be all that bad, huh? :hd:

Now, all we need to do is hear from the knucklehead who called me out by name, and maybe we can discuss this like adults. Like I said... ball's now in his court.

Oh, and D... maybe we can start that PGA/Seniors thread in here? :lol:

And... I'm not quite 50 (44), but a Jerry wanna-be? In guitar playing, sure - but I got a loooooong way to go. Meanwhile, I'll accept the "no more hostilities" as your way of saying "sorry".

If, that is, you'll accept mine.

I will point out one thing in the interest of discussing this civilly: when you said I was a dick toward people I don't know... do you understand that that's the way I thought you were treating Lesh and Weir? That's where the context of "have you ever seen them" comes into play. A lot of folks on these boards actually did grow up seeing/touring/worshiping/spinning to the Grateful Dead. There's nothing that anyone can say that asserts they are "as much of a fan"... not when they weren't there. They may love the music - and that is, after all, what we're all here about - but there's no comparison. Your love for DSO is multiplied a thousand-fold in those of us who gave their blood, sweat, tears, allowance and lunch money to tour with the Dead. I hope this makes some sense to you. You simply can't diss the Dead and expect people to give you a pass on it. Not here. Not ever. And what you did - "heat of the moment" or not - was precisely that. You'd done it before too. I'd ask that you understand the audience you are addressing and choose your comments accordingly. Again, not trying to "pull rank", but rather to have you understand why you got the reaction you did.

As for Pat... I guess I'll drop him a PM.

In the meantime, you guys might want to drop the "heat of the moment" defense. It does not absolve you from what you have posted, no matter how fucked up or angry you might have been.

Meanwhile, cheesesteaks are on me! :cool: